You Know What's Fun? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2005, 08:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
77th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to 325eXTATIC Send a message via AIM to 325eXTATIC Send a message via MSN to 325eXTATIC Send a message via Yahoo to 325eXTATIC
I know this could be a lounge post, but I just wanted to keep the mood light in my favorite forum, especially with the recent news of some of our buddies getting their babies smashed!

So the remnants of Hurricaine Katrina (also what I used to call an ex girlfriend of mine oddly enough!) come blasting through Georgia this past Monday... I get out of work and run my a$$ off to get to my car since it is POURING rain just then, and OF COURSE, I don't have an umbrella! I get to my little blue baby, start her up, let her idle for a couple minutes while I get situated, and just generally let the engine warm up. As I am pulling out of the parking garage, up a rain soaked ramp, I pop the clutch a little more than I probably should have, and break the rear tires loose... Never one to miss a golden opportunity, I just LAY INTO THE GAS!!!! The engine roars to life as I pass 2500 RPM's, and I fish tail my way up the ramp, and all the way out of the parking lot, never doing more than 10 miles an hour, but with the rear tires throwing up HUGE rooster tails!!! The chip allowing my car to bounce on a 5500 RPM redline as the parking security guard just wathes me from his truck shaking his head, and smiling! I slide out of the parking lot (a good 400 feet) and a couple cars behind me flash and honk their approval and the smile on my face is ETCHED IN STONE! My baby may be tired (197,000+ not perfectly maintained miles) but she can still scream when you get on the loud pedal hard enough!

Lets open this thread up to everyone's rev limiter stories, good or bad! Share your stories of lead footed foolishness that involve your car telling you "Tisk Tisk Tisk, you shouldn't treat me so rough!"

Thanks!

Josh W.

Originally Posted by <b>JoeMadoo</b><br>325eXTATIC, you're my hero...
Originally Posted by <b>Moosepuck</b><br>Oh yeah... 325eXTATIC...you're my hero...
Originally Posted by <b>e30dream</b><br>325eXTATIC....youre my hero.
325eXTATIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2005, 11:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Festivus yes, bagels no..

Car: '01 330i
Photos:
yammahamma is a splendid one to beholdyammahamma is a splendid one to beholdyammahamma is a splendid one to beholdyammahamma is a splendid one to beholdyammahamma is a splendid one to beholdyammahamma is a splendid one to beholdyammahamma is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Yahoo to yammahamma
This kind of post is easily my most favorite...

I've owned my sexy little '89 325i black convertable for just a few months at the time this story takes place. I bought her in the winter, and in northern utah driving a rear wheel drive car is very dangerous, so I didn't take her out much until summer hit.

So the story goes I was taking a little trip up to Idaho and, as you can imagine, there's not much there except for little back roads and corn fields. Well being a first time owner of "the ultimate driving machine" I was in the mood for a little speed test. I pick this road out and drive it up and down a few times to make sure there are no cops, no little kids, no houses, and nothing that could be hurt or hurt me while I'm going over 100 mph.

This is a smaller then two lane road--the kind of road where to pass another car you almost have to come to a complete stop and put your car half into the weeds....and that makes this story all the more intense. Corn feilds on both sides, straight road with a few small hills.

So I throw the top down take one last sweep of the road to make sure it's clear and then I flip around and open this little girl up....

1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear were intense with the raw torgue holding me in the back of my seat....

But ladies and gentlmen when I laid her into 4th gear, that was when the ride became more then I had dreamed comming out of a 15 year old, stock BMW. As I remember it I was cruising around 75-80 mph and all at the same time, as if in some predestined harmony, we (me and the car) found ourselves at the top of one of those small hills about to have the added ease and speed of going downhill-and at the exact same time reaching the powerband on that german engineered 6 cyl. The force was enough to lay me back in my seat as if I had just hit the turbo or flipped on the nitris.....I couldn't help but to let out the scream of a lifetime.

Still riding that powerband we pass 100 mph. For those of you who have never been 100+ in a convertable, let me tell you, the world shut's down, you can't hear your sterio, all you can feel is the unmolested force of the wind pushing you from behind and the car pushing you from your back. What ever you had in the car, wether it be CD's, books, there all gone. Torn out by the wind!

5th gear...110 mph, 115, passing 120 miles per hour!....both sides of this narrow road now just a blur, the sound and force from the wind about to tear my hair out by the roots!

As the end of the road aproached and I had to start slowing her down, the road became in focus, I could hear my radio again, my skin was still "tingling" from the 120+ mph wind. At that moment I knew she was a good car....

well that's my favorite story....sorry it was kind of long but details are fun......

So next time any of you drive through idaho let me know and I'll show you where a road is....(my friend got going 142 mph on this same road in his 2004 Volvo s60 R...)

hope it's sounds as intense as it was....
Old 08-31-2005, 12:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
77th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to 325eXTATIC Send a message via AIM to 325eXTATIC Send a message via MSN to 325eXTATIC Send a message via Yahoo to 325eXTATIC
Quote:
Originally posted by yammahamma@Aug 31 2005, 11:47 AM
This kind of post is easily my most favorite...

As the end of the road aproached and I had to start slowing her down, the road became in focus, I could hear my radio again, my skin was still "tingling" from the 120+ mph wind. At that moment I knew she was a good car....

well that's my favorite story....sorry it was kind of long but details are fun......

So next time any of you drive through idaho let me know and I'll show you where a road is....(my friend got going 142 mph on this same road in his 2004 Volvo s60 R...)

hope it's sounds as intense as it was....
[snapback]373606[/snapback]

NICE! That is awesome! I don't get too many chances to open my car up on the road, so when I can just uncork it for one second, it puts a HUGE smile on my face! I can't imagine what that experience would be like with no top! HOT DAMN! And I thought doing 90mph on I-285 with my hardtop is fun!

Good story!

Josh W.

Originally Posted by <b>JoeMadoo</b><br>325eXTATIC, you're my hero...
Originally Posted by <b>Moosepuck</b><br>Oh yeah... 325eXTATIC...you're my hero...
Originally Posted by <b>e30dream</b><br>325eXTATIC....youre my hero.
325eXTATIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 12:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Teh Peetsa Gai

Car: '86 325es, '87 535is
Photos:
ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute
I have lots of stories like this, I'll share one at a time.
We'll start with a convertible story.
When I was in Germany, and my wife came out, I rented a Red E30 Cabrio for us to run around in. She wanted to go to Paris, so we went. We averaged around 100-110 the whole way out there, no big deal. We enjoy Paris, see the sights, then want to go home. It's not nice enough to have the top down, so we have it up, and any time we go over 100, it starts flapping pretty loud. My wife leans the seat back so that she can nap, and right about that time, there is a long 6% down hill coming up that is unrestricted (no speed limit autobahn). I peg it. We get up to 220 km/h which is about 136 mph, and I started catching slower traffic so I slowed to a "safe" (ahem) speed. Woohoo!! Of course, my wife wakes up and wants to know what the heck is going on. All I can do is grin from ear to ear.
I : the autobahn.
'04 x3 3.0i: Wife's Bimmer (manual, woot!)
My BMW Blog
ldsbeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 11:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
Festivus yes, bagels no..

Car: '01 330i
Photos:
yammahamma is a splendid one to beholdyammahamma is a splendid one to beholdyammahamma is a splendid one to beholdyammahamma is a splendid one to beholdyammahamma is a splendid one to beholdyammahamma is a splendid one to beholdyammahamma is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Yahoo to yammahamma
BMW films

Have you guys ever been to www.bmwfilms.com? They make short movies using BMW's--the cool thing is, is that they only use stock BMW's -- no mods at all. They don't use any E30's but they're still pretty cool....take a look.
yammahamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 12:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
guywithblack88e30 is an unknown quantity at this point
i love our cars i trip people out cuz they see our cars as old cars with no power then they see me spin in second and chirp in 3rd(if im lucky) there amazed always

Member of got its raining(in Members Lounge) to 100, 237, 250, &amp; 300 pages club...
Member of 3 Pedel club...
Member of ran away from cop using DRIFTING not speed(ok a little speed)...
guywithblack88e30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 10:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
gsrboy171 is an unknown quantity at this point
i love when there is fresh asphalt on the road. very good to test your DROP SUSPENSION. hehe!

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>NYC WHAT'S UP!!!</span>
gsrboy171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)