BMW Werkz banner

wiring diagram

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Kowalski 
#1 ·
alrighty well i had a short the other day and a wire fried. i need a wiring diagram that shows the steering column wires and where they go. specificaly the brown wires that come off what apears to be the horn... it looks somthing like this

0...I...0 the 2 0 are screws with brown wires on them, one goes to the turn signal/high beam switch (left side). and the right side goes to the washer switch. the center is metal push switch which i think is the horn however i could be wrong. anyways the left 0 is the one that fried, and i have to replace the wire. i have everything else fixed but i can't find out where this wire goes so please some help would be great.

#3 ·
thanks man, i got it all fixed up anyways, i just go in there and went through all the wiring and i eventualy found it! and i fixed my tach, econo guage, dome lights, radio whine from amped speakers, and various other lights. it was a good thing this whole short happend because it motivated me to get everything working in one big fixing spree. :) except i put my steering wheel back on crooked... so i have to fix that tomorrow! anyways thaks for the wiring diagrams im sure i will use them in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.