BMW Werkz banner

What Size Wheels Look The Best

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  alanh 
#1 ·
I am thinking about getting some new wheels for my 1987 325ic.

I just got it painted and it looks awesome.

Where's my question for the experts. What size looks the best?

I am think of BBS RGR 17-inch. Do you think that's too big?

:driving

#2 ·
Originally posted by ******* M5@Mar 18 2005, 03:56 PM

[snapback]314320[/snapback]​
some do some dont, im running 17's but 17's are the MAX for these cars 16's or 17's whichever you like more.

#5 ·
:) yeah, I am myself gonna have to take a decision about that for mine very soon (well, when i am done saving the money :banghead )

I think that, for what I have seen with other owners,if i were you, I would go for the 16 inches, in order to maintain a minimal level of driving comfort, and also, if your car is already lowered, for a simple reason of space.
and maybe also the price of the tires... 17' tires are pretty much more expansive than 16'.

if you look at the pics of Bavariankid's car, you will see, it is 16 inches wheels he has got on his nice cabriolet.

show us pics of yours when you got them anyway. (are you going for the chrome wheels or just alloy ?)

Seb. :driving

ps : look at the ugly 15' 80's shit i still got on my 325 ix ! :D

Attachments

#6 ·
Originally posted by ******* M5@Mar 18 2005, 06:56 PM

[snapback]314320[/snapback]​
Have a look at mine, these are 16x7.5 with 205-50-zr16 tires, in my opinion 16's are about as big as you wanna go, BUT "opinons are like assholes, everyone has one and they usually stink!!!" hahahaha, seriously though, with the 16's I noticed a slight lag in power, as it takes a little more to spin the larger wheels, handles a bit nicer especially at high speeds...., I will be adding some springs in another month or so..

You have any pics of your newly painted ride? :gulp

Attachments

#7 ·
Originally posted by FastSeb@Mar 18 2005, 09:42 PM
:) yeah, I am myself gonna have to take a decision about that for mine very soon (well, when i am done saving the money :banghead )

I think that, for what I have seen with other owners,if i were you, I would go for the 16 inches, in order to maintain a minimal level of driving comfort, and also, if your car is already lowered, for a simple reason of space.
and maybe also the price of the tires... 17' tires are pretty much more expansive than 16'.

if you look at the pics of Bavariankid's car, you will see, it is 16 inches wheels he has got on his nice cabriolet.

show us pics of yours when you got them anyway. (are you going for the chrome wheels or just alloy ?)

Seb. :driving

ps : look at the ugly 15' 80's shit i still got on my 325 ix ! :D
[snapback]314420[/snapback]​
I like those old school BBS, I think those are Rz's, see them mostly on VW's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.