BMW Werkz banner

What is that part underneath my Throttle Body?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  325isBMW1988 
#1 ·
And no...its not the TPS :p It is a rubber piece with a tube that goes into the bottom side of my throttle body. it has an electrical connection going into as well (like the ICV does) I believe it has something to with with fuel but Im no mechanic. Can anyone tell me what it is? Ill take a pic if no one knows so you guys can see it too. Let me know people! :help

#3 ·
I have been researching that today for myself. It is a "Charcoal canister bypass valve". It prevents fuel vapors from being drawn into the engine at the wrong time, such as starting and idling. If its faulty it can cause hard warm engine starting and erratic idle. Thats straight out Bentley....lol

#4 · (Edited)
Searched this mysterious "charcoal canister bypass valve" and apparently it is only on the US version of the car to pass our standards of emissions. Some guy was having starting and idling issues so he pinched off the tube that goes from the canister to the valve itself and unplugged the valve's connection and his car runs fine now. its not like an old car has to pass emissions (at least thats how it is in Mass) thanks for the responses everyone!

Ill be getting it together 2morrow hopefully! if the BavAuto shipment comes in. ill be back on here to let you guys know if you need that stupid thing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.