what kind of exaust should i get for my 84 325e?? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 11:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car: orange 84 325e
Photos:
coreyhb44 is on a distinguished road
Arrow what kind of exaust should i get for my 84 325e??

today my friend wanted to know what his 94 ford ranger sounded like with the muffler disconected so we took off the bolts and reved it up. it was very loud. so i decided i wanted to hear my 84 325e with the muffler off too. we took off the nuts connecting the header to the engine and disconected the muffler. i got in, started it and reved it up and i couldnt hear myself think. it was way louder than the ranger. so we took the BMW for a spin and it sounded even louder. my friend with the ranger races modifieds and used to race mini stock and he said that it sounded even louder than his mini stock, which he thought was very loud anyway. i also thought it sounded sick but i know i can get a ticket for driving without a muffler and i couldnt really hear the radio even turned up loud so we put it back on and i was just wondering if taking off the muffler is somehow bad for the car? also i was wondering if someone had experience with the E30s and mufflers. what kind of exaust can i get that would make my car sound even better? and how much does it cost? i also noticed that my car was a little bit slower with the muffler off. can i get an exaust that will make my car faster also? and why was it slower with the muffler off?
coreyhb44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2009, 12:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
OMFG another one!?

Car: 89 E30 325i, 2007 Honda
Photos:
witeshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyhb44 View Post
and why was it slower with the muffler off?
Because the exhaust back-pressure is way off and confuses the engine computer.

Sig by zeaq
witeshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car: orange 84 325e
Photos:
coreyhb44 is on a distinguished road
oh ok thanks
coreyhb44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car: '09 135i ///M Sport Pkg
Photos:
elsabor67 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to elsabor67
Go online and do a search. They have tons of info everywhere that can help you out. IMO a muffler really doesn't give you alot of HP if any (my opinion). Depending on the type of muffler used in conjunction with other mods and things, you can extract some good power from a car. But once again. Search and see how you want to approach it. Sometimes some things won't work as you want. I tried straight pipes from the Cat converter back one time. Holy batshit loud, until the Polezei started eyeing me and I ran it like that at the track. Never again.

Good luck

How do I spell relief?!?!?!
NO MORE DAMN SNOW!!!!!!
elsabor67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
silversled can only hope to improve
sound better? you must be a college kid....that's funny....get a Honda then
silversled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Car: 1984 BMW 318i
Photos:
JdmEuroNorth. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyhb44 View Post
today my friend wanted to know what his 94 ford ranger sounded like with the muffler disconected so we took off the bolts and reved it up. it was very loud. so i decided i wanted to hear my 84 325e with the muffler off too. we took off the nuts connecting the header to the engine and disconected the muffler. i got in, started it and reved it up and i couldnt hear myself think. it was way louder than the ranger. so we took the BMW for a spin and it sounded even louder. my friend with the ranger races modifieds and used to race mini stock and he said that it sounded even louder than his mini stock, which he thought was very loud anyway. i also thought it sounded sick but i know i can get a ticket for driving without a muffler and i couldnt really hear the radio even turned up loud so we put it back on and i was just wondering if taking off the muffler is somehow bad for the car? also i was wondering if someone had experience with the E30s and mufflers. what kind of exaust can i get that would make my car sound even better? and how much does it cost? i also noticed that my car was a little bit slower with the muffler off. can i get an exaust that will make my car faster also? and why was it slower with the muffler off?
FAIL.
JdmEuroNorth. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)