What the hell is the Green <-> Dash Light? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 05:53 PM
77th Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light 325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light 325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light 325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light 325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light
(Thread Starter)
What the hell is the Green <-> Dash Light?

Yes, I said <->

It is to the left of the Check light. I just saw it in a glare on the instruments a couple days before I left the country... What the hell is it? I obviously don't have the original owners manual, or I would have referred to that for answer!

THANKS!!!

Not currently on the Bimmer kick. Drivin' a 2003 Silver Civic at the moment, but I am STILL the Founding Member of the "325eXTATIC You're my hero" club.
Quote:
Originally Posted by <b>superdeadman</b><br>Josh W. IS my hero!

Originally Posted by <b>JoeMadoo</b><br>325eXTATIC, you're my hero...
Originally Posted by <b>Moosepuck</b><br>Oh yeah... 325eXTATIC...you're my hero...
Originally Posted by <b>e30dream</b><br>325eXTATIC....youre my hero.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 07:59 PM
Teh Peetsa Gai

ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute
beats me...

'86 325es (TURTL3): PJ peetsa hawler
'87 535is (BADWATER): almost done... really.
'86 325e (GRN HLL): DD/show/rocket
'04 x3 3.0i: Wife's Bimmer (manual, woot!)
My BMW Blog
#3 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 08:54 PM
4th Gear Member

WardJ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to WardJ Send a message via MSN to WardJ Send a message via Yahoo to WardJ
at first i thought "umm directional?" then i read closer and said ahhh idiot.

no idea sorry

'85 325e
'Arrest Me Red'
mods to come:
Window Tint
New Badges - Check!
Muffler - Check! - Ansa free flow
New Radio
Sport Shocks - Bilstein
Keyless Entry + Alarm - BMW Security Systems
Power Flow Intake

THE founding member of "i don't hate on del"
#4 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 10:50 AM
5th Gear Member

Red_Rocket is just really nice Red_Rocket is just really nice Red_Rocket is just really nice Red_Rocket is just really nice Red_Rocket is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Red_Rocket
are you talking about the little green flags that light up on start up?

im not sure what your talking about and i am guessing that is not it,
but yea....

#5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 07:29 AM
77th Gear Member

325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light 325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light 325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light 325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light 325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light
(Thread Starter)
It is quite literally a single green indicator light just to the left of the CHECK light. The image appears to be a double sided arrow and it COMPLETELY confuses me as to what it might be. I suppose I could have made my original description a little more clear... I will try to find some pics of a similar instrument cluster and try to highlight if possible!

Thanks for your time all!

Josh W.

Not currently on the Bimmer kick. Drivin' a 2003 Silver Civic at the moment, but I am STILL the Founding Member of the "325eXTATIC You're my hero" club.
Quote:

Originally Posted by <b>Moosepuck</b><br>Oh yeah... 325eXTATIC...you're my hero...
#6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 08:02 AM
77th Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
No, this isn't MY cluster... just a pic from one of the other rooms in the forum... The red box is where I noticed it... Unfortunately it's NOT visible in this pic, but maybe this can help someone (perhaps someone with an original manual for the car?) identify what it is!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	22760  

Quote:

#7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 07:16 PM
5th Gear Member

Starmavin is a jewel in the rough Starmavin is a jewel in the rough Starmavin is a jewel in the rough Starmavin is a jewel in the rough
Have you had any work done wher the cluster was removed lately?
#8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 09:13 AM
Neutral Member

luckycat is an unknown quantity at this point
It lights up when you hit 1,000,000 miles, just befor the car explodes!

Serioulsy, I'll check mine today (87 325ic) and see if I can help.

#9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 01:51 PM
1st Gear Member

mysticguy04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to mysticguy04 Send a message via Yahoo to mysticguy04
Do you have your foglights onused:
#10 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 03:39 PM
77th Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
That is a separate light but it is close to the double arrow light. Actually, I need to man up and buy another Digital Camera to actually SHOW you guys. When German Speed Demon was down here, he saw the light, because it had actually just turned on and now it stays on all the time.
As for doing dash work, I had done some a few weeks prior, and even took out the SI board (which is still out as I search for a suitable junkyard replacement) but the light didn't come on immediately after that. It came on when I whacked the top of the dash pod to get my fuel gauge to come alive (the whole dash cluster has a LOT of corrosion on its internals and I just don't have the cash to get that taken care of right now). But until such time as I get a digicam, I can only tell you it is about 1 whole indicator light to the right of the Foglight indicator, as shown by the red outlined picture in my previous post.

Weird!

Josh W.

Quote:

Last edited by 325eXTATIC; 03-17-2006 at 03:45 PM.
#11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 03:39 PM
3rd Gear Member

Bear is an unknown quantity at this point
Funny Green Light

if you are referring to the green light on posted picture (just belwo CEL) it is a permanent color (not light) and preceedes the green service light. I just had the cluster out of my 1990 325ic and looked at this light specifically and discovered it is noit a light. Why, Quien Sabe.
#12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 03:47 PM
77th Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
No, it's an actual light, because mine is now lit up full time, but the car is otherwise running fine, so I don't fear losing my engine through my tailpipe or anything, but I am just curious what it actually is?

Thanks all!

Josh W.

Quote:

#13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 08:08 PM
5th Gear Member

Starmavin is a jewel in the rough Starmavin is a jewel in the rough Starmavin is a jewel in the rough Starmavin is a jewel in the rough
That is an external plug in, there is a chance that the ABS lamp was pushed into that hole. Does your ABS light up when you start your car?
#14 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 08:32 PM
Festivus yes, bagels no..

yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Yahoo to yammahamma
When I pulled my cluster a few weeks ago I remembered this thread and shined a light through that hole....there's no bulb in my cluster that goes in there, just and empty hole...either the light was removed or there was never meant to be a bulb there. But when I shined the light through it looked just like a turn signal indicator.

In my old VW there wasn't a light on the cluster for each (L and R) turn signal there was just one bulb that flashed for both signals...

so if I had to guess, and this is totaly a guess, I would say this USED to be a turn signal indicator on older models but as the 3 series was changed they might have just tweaked the cluster instead of making a whole new one...therefore leaving the old turn signal indicator, but with no bulb so it will never be seen...and putting the new indicator up by the high beam light.

someone tell if I'm way, way, not even close, shouldn't even be driving the car, stupid, wrong....

#15 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 08:52 PM
77th Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
Hmmm... Thanks for the heads up Starmavin! I will tear back into my dash in a couple weeks when I give her a valve adjustment and general shakedown. I honestly don't remember if my Anti-Lock light comes on or not, and that being the case, I would be willing to bet you are right.

Thanks again, and I will keep you all posted.

Josh W.

Quote:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)