What Do you think need help??????? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 12:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car: 87 BMW 325
Photos:
ICE's BMW is on a distinguished road
What Do you think need help???????

I own a 1987 BMW 325 it has manual sunroof, everything else is electric I just changed out the master cyclinder and I am getting ready to put a stage 3 clutch on it. I am thinking about putting a T3 or T4 turbo kit on it with cold air intake. It's currently grey with blue cloth interior that is in bad shape. I am thinking about taking the seats out replacing the dash, putting black carpet in it, buying leatherette seat covers that say BMW on them white or blk what should Color should I put as the headliner, door panels? I am thinking about buying the metal trim kit for around the gauges and radio etc. I am going to get the plasma gauge face plate. Help me design my car and tell me what I should and not do. What would look better blk tail lights or the crystal and red ones? Should I go with The Leatherette or should I go with Vinyl or what? White or blk if Leatherette? Grey or Blk carpet? Is it worth putting a turbo on? What is a good exhaust to get for this car? I am not wanting to race just have a nice car I know nothing about turbos and this is my first BMW but I have started to fall in love with them. Any advice would help me I want this car to be nice but I don't want to waste alot of money if it is not worth it. Thanks ICE
ICE's BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2009, 12:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Car: 1987 325
Photos:
Whitie is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Whitie Send a message via MSN to Whitie Send a message via Yahoo to Whitie
I think you should sell your car to me... And buy a honda.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Photos:
No!

I have had lots of Honda's but now I have a BMW so what do you guys think I should do in the manner of fixing it up example: Turbo or not? Grey or Blk carpet? what color headliner? blk or crystal and red tail lights? Blk or White seats etc??????????? Help me please
Old 03-18-2009, 12:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Photos:
Send a message via AIM to Whitie Send a message via MSN to Whitie Send a message via Yahoo to Whitie
Honestly... Since your not into racing and such i would stay away from extreme performance mods like a turbo.

I would just do a full restore to bring it back to 100% with my own little twist. Like an intake, exhaust, performance chip, suspension, wheels.... and so on.

BMW's are something you dont want to destroy...
Old 03-18-2009, 12:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Photos:
Thanks For Advice

Yeah I used to Street race but have grown out of that stuff funny it was with a 1987 Honda Accord LXI and my Ninja I sold both of them. I was going to get the turbo just for looks and added power do you think it is to much? The kit is $800 max and I have a friend to help me with the install. Does this car have some good get up and go with all the stuff you listed even without the turbo? Thanks ICE
Old 03-18-2009, 01:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Photos:
If the kit your looking at is only $800 your either shopping on ebay or directly from the SSAutoChrome website in which case.... Stay FAR away from that stuff. Its crap... enough said.

But yes, with the mods i listed your car will have some pep to it. More than your old honda anyway.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car: 88 325iT, 88 320i, 92 325iC, 89 190
Photos:
denyo77 is on a distinguished road
Garage
and don't overmod it... you can mod a Bimmer tastefully, but that requires taste in the first place. I wouldn't do any tail light modding if I were you - it looks pretty shitty in most cases. Have you considered getting new OEM seat covers/upholstery? They're 140 apiece, I know that's expensive but those are new and thus add a very nice touch to your car. I can't say anything about leatherette since I haven't seen them.
And I'd take the grey headliner if you can get one - the black one looks too dark.

denyo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Photos:
Thanks

Thank you for your advice I am really not trying to race it just have a nice car. Should I blkout the tail lights or I heard there is a certian type of paint you can buy that will blkout of color match but still able to see your tail lights? Is this true? If I don't put a turbo but I am going to put cold air intake, exhaust, chip, and anything else I can to boost power without over doing it. Can I still put a short shifter in it I have a Stage 3 cltuch kit? What else should I do? I found a bimmer in the Pick N pull with tan cloth seats,carpet,door panels except one should I get this? They are asking $15.00 a seat?
Old 03-20-2009, 10:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Photos:
Garage
that's cheap for the seats
I'd go for it if they're in good condition

Old 03-20-2009, 12:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
OMFG another one!?

Car: 89 E30 325i, 2007 Honda
Photos:
witeshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nice
Any tail lights I have ever seen blacked out are very hard to see in daylight. But then I'm not a fan of any kind of blacked out lights; all the lights have a purpose and that shouldn't be made harder.

Sig by zeaq
witeshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Photos:
Ok Man

So I will go with the Crystal and Red tail lights. But how about performance what should I do? I have a Stage 3 clutch what else should I do to make it run in tip top shape without over doing it? Should I go with the Short Shifter? If so what is Good?
Old 03-21-2009, 03:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Photos:
Garage
quick question: what's your problem with the stock tails?

Old 03-21-2009, 10:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Photos:
Orange

Well mine are cracked so they will need to be replaced but they make the car look older. I want to modify the car to look somewhat newer without actually having a newer car. What about everything else?
Old 03-22-2009, 06:12 AM   #14 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Photos:
Garage
what month in 87 is your car? Does it have the plastic or the chrome style bumpers?

Old 03-22-2009, 08:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car: 1991 318is, 2005 Subaru Legacy GT
Photos:
Nick_318is is on a distinguished road
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Nick_318is
I should keep my mouth shut but this is the internet!

Please don't rice out and ruin the BMW. I don't think there is any need for a stage 3 clutch if you aren't going to a track with the car. Oh but if you do change the clutch do yourself a favor and put in a light weight flywheel with that.

Buy some decent rims, a nice suspension, an ecu and a decent exhaust set up and call it a day. Drive the hell out of the car and enjoy it. Then if you feel the need add some turbo goodies or something to it.

What the hell do crystal and red taillights look like, my only guess is that they will look like they fell off of a riced out honda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yammahamma View Post
If I wanted to date you, I would have bought you dinner first.
Nick_318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)