What To Do? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2005, 10:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
FireDaemon21 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to FireDaemon21
What To Do?

ok i just got my 325is, its gonna be garaged for the winter, and i'm going to maintainance the hell out of it. can someone give me a list of what i should probably do? i already know that it needs a complete overhaul to the cooling system, ( new radiator, clutchfan). it has 145, 000 on it. and in thinking term i always expect that the previous owner took horrible care of it so i take care of every little thing.

Thanks
FireDaemon21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2005, 10:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
77th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to 325eXTATIC Send a message via AIM to 325eXTATIC Send a message via MSN to 325eXTATIC Send a message via Yahoo to 325eXTATIC
Timing Belt, Water Pump, Water hoses, fuel hoses, vacuum hoses, throttle cable assembly, fuel filter, remove and clean the injectors, Valve adjustment, cam seal, thermostat, cap and rotor, plugs and wires, air filter, brake pads. Not one that most people think of, but what kind of shape are the pedal covers in?

Just a few ideas! That should keep you busy and mostly broke for the entire winter!

Josh W.

Originally Posted by <b>JoeMadoo</b><br>325eXTATIC, you're my hero...
Originally Posted by <b>Moosepuck</b><br>Oh yeah... 325eXTATIC...you're my hero...
Originally Posted by <b>e30dream</b><br>325eXTATIC....youre my hero.
325eXTATIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 12:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
FireDaemon21 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to FireDaemon21
thanks for all the suggestions Josh, ok where would i get my fuel injectors cleaned? and as for the pedal cover they are in crap condition but i'm replacing them with aftermarket sport pedals. Also do you know of anywhere that has a replacement hose kit or will i have to measure all of them and order them that way?
Thanks,
Alec

Last edited by FireDaemon21; 10-07-2005 at 12:28 PM.
FireDaemon21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 12:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
77th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to 325eXTATIC Send a message via AIM to 325eXTATIC Send a message via MSN to 325eXTATIC Send a message via Yahoo to 325eXTATIC
Injectors are a DIY and fairly easy.

Removing the fuel rail will bring the injectors with it. Do a search on the various forums for that until you can get your hands on a Bentley Manual. I recommend www.e30tech.com for the more advanced level of tech help, even though they aren't as friendly as bimmerwerkz. Here is a good idea of how to clean the injectors... Once you have removed the fuel rail and injectors, pull the injectors from the rail, and soak them in a bath of Mineral Spirits. It is a solvent and has similar properties to gasoline so it goes the same places that gas would go. Soak them for a couple hours, then pull them out, scrape any gunk off of them (usually with your fingernail is good enough) and then blow the injector out with a fine pointed air compressor hose. Make sure to blow them out in the same direction as the fuel flows! From fuel rail side through to injector side. Then make sure you have new Injector O-rings, lube them up with a little gas/mineral spirits/light oil to ensure a long life, reasseble the injectors into the rail, and pop the whole assembly back into the block. Then crank it up, (this will take longer than usual, as the fuel rail need to refill and get back up to pressure) and run the engine at idle for a few seconds, then kill it, take a look around the area for fuel leaks and such, then start it back up, let it idle for a few minutes while keeping an eye on the area, and sniffing around for leaks... if no problems, take it out for a gentle drive, come back, check them, and work your way up to full power leg straining power shifts!
I am overly cautious when it comes to working with fuel, but then again, I have never had a car burst into flames, so I must be doing SOMETHING right!

Hope this helps!

Josh W.

Originally Posted by <b>JoeMadoo</b><br>325eXTATIC, you're my hero...
Originally Posted by <b>Moosepuck</b><br>Oh yeah... 325eXTATIC...you're my hero...
Originally Posted by <b>e30dream</b><br>325eXTATIC....youre my hero.
325eXTATIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)