We need more turbo e30's - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2006, 11:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Pandemonium Director

Car: turbo 325is, 325es, Audi a4 turbo
Photos:
nukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to nukeduster Send a message via MSN to nukeduster
We need more turbo e30's

The douchebag on ebay who bid and won my car told me he "bid for a friend" and his friend was "flaking out"..

Anyway, I start my new job in.. 3 weeks, so, time to start planning new upgrades!

More then anything, more of you guys need to turbo your cars, we need more forced induction!

If you have any questions I've torn down and rebuild m20s like, too much, and I am pretty familiar with all the various engine management options out there, happy to answer any question you have.

Old 10-12-2006, 12:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
teh Canuck....eh

Car: '86 E30, baby! '05 Legacy 2.5GT Ltd
Photos:
PhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to PhatCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukeduster
The douchebag on ebay who bid and won my car told me he "bid for a friend" and his friend was "flaking out"...
Sounds to me like you need to kick some ass
PhatCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Keep it Copacetic

Car: 1995 BMW M3
Photos:
///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
I agree. WTF E30 guys. Turbo + lightweight vehicle = GOES LIKE STIG

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
///M Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Festivus yes, bagels no..

Car: '01 330i
Photos:
yammahamma is a splendid one to beholdyammahamma is a splendid one to beholdyammahamma is a splendid one to beholdyammahamma is a splendid one to beholdyammahamma is a splendid one to beholdyammahamma is a splendid one to beholdyammahamma is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Yahoo to yammahamma
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukeduster
More then anything, more of you guys need to turbo your cars, we need more forced induction!
hey, the only thing stopping me is the "bread"......money is what makes me do alot of things....and likewise it stops me from doing things as well...
Old 10-12-2006, 01:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Pandemonium Director

Photos:
nukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond reputenukeduster has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatCat
Sounds to me like you need to kick some ass
Actually, it motivated me to get off my ass and finish the project.

I found out what the problem I was having was and fixed it this morning, and now have a running e30 again.

I was kinda depressed at the thought of letting her go, I'm glad in a way I get to keep her, even if it does mean I lose out on like $80 in seller fees because the douche didnt pay up and ebay doesnt refund them even in the case of a nonpaying bidder.

Ebay is evil.. but thats another story.

Turbo setups can be made very cheaply.. esp if you do the route i did with a euro 524td manifold..

heres a secret too... those manifolds can be found on old lincoln's... back in the 80's lincoln bought a bunch of the m21 turbo diesel bmw motors and used in them in their Mark VII's and a couple other models.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
JoeMadoo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JoeMadoo Send a message via MSN to JoeMadoo Send a message via Yahoo to JoeMadoo
By next summer i will have an M30 turbo, you can hold me to it :-)

JoeMadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
teh Canuck....eh

Car: '86 E30, baby! '05 Legacy 2.5GT Ltd
Photos:
PhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to PhatCat
nuke, what was wrong with it?
$80isn't too bad, I guess it could have been worse.
PhatCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Pandemonium Director

Photos:
Two hidden vaccuum leaks. =P

One from the TB, and one in boot comming off the TB, even though the boot was new, it still cracked from sitting in az for the last ~1 1/2 years. Desert is a rough mistress on rubber.

Just gotta replace the vaccuum lines leading to my brake booster so I can have safe working brakes, and probably bleed them again and she should be good to go.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

Car: '87 325es M50tu Swapped
Photos:
gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power
I agree. WTF E30 guys. Turbo + lightweight vehicle = GOES LIKE STIG
E30s weight in at 2800lbs...far cry from "lightweight"...their advantage is their wheel base

Glad it all worked out..now take it all back apart and reinstall it properly that thing is a fucking mess no wonder it was soo hard to find the issue :lol:

<3

1995 BMW 540i/6:
The Calypso Beast Vid 0-70ish
1987 BMW 325es: Face & Butt Lifted/M50tu Swapped*Sold*
1985 VW Scirocco: Too many mods, money pit*Sold*
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!

Last edited by gotKRAUT; 10-12-2006 at 05:36 PM.
gotKRAUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 07:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Car: too many to list
Photos:
joesperformance is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to joesperformance Send a message via Yahoo to joesperformance
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotKRAUT
E30s weight in at 2800lbs...far cry from "lightweight"...their advantage is their wheel base
<3
my e30 2dr 5 spd weighs in at less then that, lol, i just havent weighted it yet, due to it not running currently

i have no entire besides dash, stuff in dash, and driver seat and seatbelt on interior. i have lexan the sunroof and i am currently working on lexan on the rear window, and the triangle windows on the rear as well.

i have basically taken everything out of the interior that i possibly could to keep car still running. but now my external fp went out, so im having to replace it and i have to find another gauge cluster, i think the batteries fried in mine, cuz its all black on circuit board around batteries.
joesperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 07:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Car: too many to list
Photos:
joesperformance is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to joesperformance Send a message via Yahoo to joesperformance
i would love to turbo my 318i 5spd, but i cant hardly find anything for it. any help would be nice. i want to start off with cai, header, im, injectors to start off with. i already have partial exhaust, 2" drop, fully gutted almost, and an adjustable fuel regulator.
joesperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 09:49 AM   #12 (permalink)
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

Car: '87 325es M50tu Swapped
Photos:
gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesperformance
my e30 2dr 5 spd weighs in at less then that, lol, i just havent weighted it yet, due to it not running currently

i have no entire besides dash, stuff in dash, and driver seat and seatbelt on interior. i have lexan the sunroof and i am currently working on lexan on the rear window, and the triangle windows on the rear as well.

i have basically taken everything out of the interior that i possibly could to keep car still running. but now my external fp went out, so im having to replace it and i have to find another gauge cluster, i think the batteries fried in mine, cuz its all black on circuit board around batteries.
ok sorry your's will weigh in at 2600 with no driver lol

1995 BMW 540i/6:
The Calypso Beast Vid 0-70ish
1987 BMW 325es: Face & Butt Lifted/M50tu Swapped*Sold*
1985 VW Scirocco: Too many mods, money pit*Sold*
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
gotKRAUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car:
Photos:
german-speed-demon has a brilliant futuregerman-speed-demon has a brilliant futuregerman-speed-demon has a brilliant futuregerman-speed-demon has a brilliant futuregerman-speed-demon has a brilliant futuregerman-speed-demon has a brilliant futuregerman-speed-demon has a brilliant futuregerman-speed-demon has a brilliant futuregerman-speed-demon has a brilliant futuregerman-speed-demon has a brilliant futuregerman-speed-demon has a brilliant future
meh, anyone want a turbo? I have a turbo and manifold from a nissan pulsar. any skill with welding, and a guy could have a 318i turbo....

Two wheels or Four, I'm happy as long as the throttle is pinned.
german-speed-demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car: E30 325i & E36 325i
Photos:
e30dream has much to be proud ofe30dream has much to be proud ofe30dream has much to be proud ofe30dream has much to be proud ofe30dream has much to be proud ofe30dream has much to be proud ofe30dream has much to be proud ofe30dream has much to be proud ofe30dream has much to be proud ofe30dream has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to e30dream
hmm well.. i know close to nothing about turbos, but always willing to learn! and would certainly like to turbo my e30!

anyhow.. i was wondering... the answer is most likely very obvious, but... could
a turbo from an 84 Merc. 300TD (i think its a Garret TA0301) work with my m20?

im thinking yes, and i cant think of a reason why not..but again.. my knowledge in this subject is very minimal
Old 10-14-2006, 12:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Pandemonium Director

Photos:
Yea, it'd work but it would be out of its efficiency threshhold after like 5-5.5k rpm and would be overboosting.. just like mine! haha.

Thats basically almost the same size as the one I'm running for now. If you want alot of power you're gunna want something bigger, otherwise that one will start boosting damn near off idle under load, and hit peak boost around 2-2.5k rpm.

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)