BMW Werkz banner

Turbo or not(when car is running) m20

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  AlpineSixAndSeven 
#1 ·
I have come into ownership of a 524td turbo and manifold
This is an exhaust manifold, turbo, and down pipe from a BMW 524td. This manfold can be modified to fit the BMW M20 looks like it has the blow off to and i'm gonna get a boost gauge (so not to damage anything)

so the Q is do it or not and what else i'll need ???

#2 ·
It isn't as easy as just bolting it on and "POOF" boosted car. There are a many other things that need addressing before you can mount that turbo on and have it function properly (and/or safely). Lets focus on getting it running then worry about that at a more convenient time....

#3 ·
I know that but i was wondering what other parts you would recommend (brands and types ) so i can start collecting parts once my e30 is running because after my e30 is running I have to work on my mercedes(1976 300D) need to finish ignition(finish mating the ford ign. to the Mercedes ing.:banghead ) and alarm then turbo the e30 when the benz is done it will be at least a month or so after it is running

#5 ·
Starmavin said:
The 76 300d is a diesel, there is no ignition system in any form....... :huh:
there Ign. Switch and wiring to Operate The Gas ford fuel injected 302

#7 ·
Starmavin said:
i need to use more detail i tend to be very vague but yeah i'm getting a testlight after school at around 5:30 to 6 pm pacific time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.