BMW Werkz banner

Trade Tricks for Tips

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  BimmerKris 
#1 ·
we took the motor down to its bare essentials. Cleaned it up and matched all the gaskets. runs about 0-60 in about 8 secs all motor. But we did a bunch of neat little tricks that you can do at home that save mass money.

One armed wiper
We took the to whole wiper assembly out and with a piece of flat steel, added 1/2 inch ( or as much as you can before it binds) to the arm connected to the motor. Put every thing back in the way it was, put a 21 inch balde and one wiper will cover the whole winshield and it looks awsome.

Short throw shifter
Once the whole shifter arm is removed, make a cut between the ball and the bottom connecter. Add 1/2 to 3/4 inch of round steel. Make sure the weld is good or it will break. I know this from experience. uhh. This will shorten the throw bigtime. If you go to much the bottom of the shifter will rub agaiast the driveshaft. It's good to chop off the first 3 inches off the top. it really sportens up the look.

tuck and hide the bumbers
i can't quite afford a body kit quite yet so we improvised. we took the bumpers off and took off the bumber shocks. Standing with one foont on the shock i drilled a hole in the back of the shock until all the oil bursts out in one massive mess. You'll have to cut out a couple access hole in the bumper so you can bolt the bumper back on. Once it is back on you get the body kit look and still have $1100 to spend on stuff.

but i still got some bugs to work out that i can't figure.

It may be -30 outside right now but even when it's not the temp says it is. I can't figure out where the sensor is or if there is a way to fix it.

also my fuel and temp guages are goin nuts is there a way to fix this or is it time for a whole new guage panel. I changed the batteries but it never helped.

can i get a turbo or a supercharger for this car i never get a strait answer. if so where

has anybody ever ordered parts from www.gaugeco.com ? i got this wierd feeling about them but they got good prices.

thanks for takin time to read all this jibberish

kris evans
www.eulogy.ca

See less See more
#2 ·
good times...anyways i bielive the outside temp sensor is somewhere in the right front maybe left of the car around the bumper, i'll look and see if i can get a pic for you...i assume you have a e30 or e21?

i can't give you a definet answer on the turbo/super charger but from what i hear it is not that effective and puts lots of strain on older engines but i sounds like you rebuilt yours so that may not be a problem...

the kc ron carter guy roaming around here is good he'll hopefully know

#3 ·
yeah the car is an 86 325e the top few lines must have got cut off

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.