BMW Werkz banner

Tires/rims

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  MrM3 
#1 ·
Okay, there havebeen a few previous posts about how big in rims and tires an E30 non-M3 can go. and I believe it was Mr M3 that said a non-m3 E30 could go 17 inch with a 20 mm offset(I think that means plus 1 or 2 on the width). So, with all this in mind, it all sounds great, BUT, where could I get rims that are 4 lug and are 1 inch bigger(16 inch) and are possibly 1 inch wider?

#2 ·
you can do almost anything. just have to try it. I guy a know used to work at a shop that did a lot of high end electric installs, and there was 2 E30's one was stock on 18's and the other was this sweet gold one with a 1in drop and 19's tucked in. it is so sweet. i don't know what they did to fit them in there but it was bad ass.

#3 ·
Thanks.. :screwy , but I dont think 19's would improve any of my performance times, sorry bub, but I need something that is 16 or 17 at the most, the bigger you go you will lose a little power cuz your engine has to turn those huge wheels. so Im think of just getting some 16's that are just a little wider, that just come out to the fenders, I think that would look sick, my 15's right now look okay at certain angles, but look small at other, and I dont really like big ones, so I just need some good rims that look proportional to my car. Does ANYONE understand or follow what Im sayin? Lol.

Attachments

#4 ·
just mkae sure more then any thing that you get good rubber. I just fpu my 225/45r17s on for more bite. the power loss is minimal but the launch is way better. I can still roast them pretty bad if i drop the clutch hard, but they made a better difference in my opionion.

#6 ·
4X100 or somethin, not sure actually, but I know I have seen it somewhere.

#8 ·
I dont think you would really lose that much with 16's, your ride I dont think would be any rougher or whatnot, car might be a little heavier I guess?

I just want somethin a little wider, cuz I think it will help with a tid bit o'traction, and wont make my tires look all small and stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.