Tech Question - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 04:06 AM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up

Does anyone have any info on building a 325iS into a 327iS? Meaning using the 325e block components to Stoke the 2.5 to a 2.7.....

The reason i ask is that the i and iS motors feel a little on the weak side in comparison to the e and es...since i totalled my e and i plan to buy an i or iS i would like to use the components of the e block such as crank rods whatever is needed to stroke out the 2.5...i would like any info and/or specs on this project..I have heard matting the e block with the i head is what does the trick but i live in the great state of california where missmatched head and block are....ILLEGAL!! woohoo anyway....

I figure it would have more torque than the e and es and more HP than the i or iS...M3 eater but if im wrong....burst my bubble PLEASE!!!

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
The Calypso Beast Vid 0-70ish
1987 BMW 325es: Face & Butt Lifted/M50tu Swapped*Sold*
1985 VW Scirocco: Too many mods, money pit*Sold*
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 04:11 AM
2nd Gear Member

BMW Lover is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BMW Lover
thats craZ man what do u wana achive outta this all? buy an s14 (m3 engine) and own the street dood.

^^I want this where I live.

"Drag racing a BMW is like going fishing with a hooker, it's fun but it's not what you got her for..." - M3DUDE

Manual - The transmission hated by moms/wives/girlfriends everywhere...

Member of the "I Owned my Bimmer when I was 17" Club
Member of the "10 Year Old" Club
Member of the "3 Pedal" Club
Member of the "3 Light" Club
#3 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 04:14 AM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT
(Thread Starter)
ok i will......if you give me the money....its just as expensive as a rebuild for this swap its just a crank and rods and pistons... durr not a whole new motor...plus i have most of the parts ALREADY haha think about it...and think about it a 2.7 liter iS should be around 190 to 200 hp im guessing... so a e30 m3 motor aint got $#!t on this....and remember...drugs are badd

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
#4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 04:15 AM
2nd Gear Member

riiiite...well u shuld talk to "mike325i"

"Drag racing a BMW is like going fishing with a hooker, it's fun but it's not what you got her for..." - M3DUDE

#5 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 04:21 AM
n00b

MIKE325I is an unknown quantity at this point
The 2.7e motor has a cast crankshaft and a longer stroke whereas the 2.5 motor has a forged crank and shorter stroke. I think thats how i can describe it best hopefully thats the correct terminology. The blocks are the same the components crank,and such are different. The e may feel stronger it has more torque than the i and this is especially noticeable at the lower rpms but the i is by far a more fun engine at least to me it revs more than a truck drivers wet dream, no offense. Im pretty sure you cant use the e block and i head due to differences in the casting the i head has extra oil jernals. Im pretty sure you could build a stroker out of a 2.5 motor by using a 324td crankshaft with your i rods and pistons 2.4 crank is also forged. And you might even get the results you are looking for. If you have anymore questions im here. M3 eater most likely not unless you lose some weight from your car or gain some hp. Goodluck man
#6 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 04:27 AM
2nd Gear Member

i fukin love this guy, he knows everything about everything...

#7 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 04:28 AM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

(Thread Starter)
Thank you mike for you intelligent response D seriosuly..but what im working towards is making an is with some torque and a few more horses..i know you can beat an m3 without much mods cause i could take i's with my e with minor mods and less HP but more torque than the i and is and no rear seat and no spare tire and no 6 million pound rubber in the trunk... anywho...

question being i want to rebuild an i but use the e crank and rods...that was the question not a head swap....

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
#8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 04:32 AM
n00b

MIKE325I is an unknown quantity at this point
K, the i produces hp because it can rev the e produces torque due to displacement. Which is good, you must of had a nice eta to handle i's. But if you use the eta crank it will burst into fragments (experience) if you rev it. Hp is basically torque by rpm if you cant spin it you cant make hp and you cant spin an eta or it blows up. We shot chunks of an eta through the block. If you have anymore questions aol im me at Jester4982. Goodluck
#9 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 08:03 PM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

(Thread Starter)
Figures....too good to be true...haha oh well i guess ill just have to go with somethin else...but i still wanna stroke an "i" dang it...just dont wanna spend 2 grand

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
#10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 08:10 PM
Been here a while.

97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to 97alpineM3 Send a message via MSN to 97alpineM3
I got lost with the i.... and then he went with e and even ie and eta or was it ie.... I dont like the i but would rather have the e because i comes after e and then later is i. Do u understand the i and e?

Sorry... I had to post this... forgive me please.

1997 E36 M3 1990 E30 325i
#11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 09:09 PM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by 97alpineM3@Aug 9 2004, 07:50 PM
I got lost with the i.... and then he went with e and even ie and eta or was it ie.... I dont like the i but would rather have the e because i comes after e and then later is i. Do u understand the i and e?

Sorry... I had to post this... forgive me please.
LoL i am soo lost.....hahahahahahaha

this is like a long cruel ongoing joke about i's and e's ie is (for example...ok i just cant even finish haha)

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
#12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 10:01 PM
2nd Gear Member

lol you'll get used to it :P

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)