t3/t4 turbo ebay good or not? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 11:06 AM
Neutral Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
beamerboy325is is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Question t3/t4 turbo ebay good or not?

t3/t4 turbo ebay good or not,I know its ebay,but what do you guys think of these turbos is it crap? will it blow up my motor? do I need to mess around with anything else like ecu chip,gas pump,injectors.Please if you don't know anything about turbos dont answer my question,lol because that will only make it two of us that dont know much about turbo set up's ,and I'm considering buying a turbo for my car.Oh guys keep in mind this car is only a weekend driver not everyday work car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 11:30 AM
Sodium Chloride

saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to saltshaker185 Send a message via MSN to saltshaker185
as for quality of the turbo systems i have never seen an ebay system in person, and a link would help someone better determine that also. I do know for a fact though if you do go turbo you are going to need to get your car tuned to that turbo because the turbo will force air into your engine causeing a very dangerous lean condition if you do not.
#3 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 11:39 AM
Neutral Member

(Thread Starter)
ok ,I was also thinking about the air fuel mixture after adding a turbo,but thats what I mean do I buy a turbo even if its not an ebay product and thats it or do I have to spend more money on tunning and other parts? you know I think the best bet is just getting some exhaust headers/performance muffler ,the chip I already have and some sort of k&n filter.The rest of it can just come later.
#4 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 02:57 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
You're going to want a lot more than just the turbo--exhaust manifolds, piping, intercooler, injectors, and software.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 03:13 PM
4th Gear Member

PrInG has a spectacular aura about PrInG has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to PrInG
pretty much if you don't know exactly what your doing.. best to just buy a kit.. as terrible as that sounds.. It'll probably be worth the money you go through blowjob things up. to just go with the kit. Might sound expensive but seriously, things start to add up really quick if you don't do it right the first time. You get what you pay for..

TO HONOR: Get Honor Stay Honor if You Can't Come in Her Come Honor.

"its not banana yellow but its not golden its just that perfect creamy german goodness"

- Bow
#6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 06:29 PM
Neutral Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrInG View Post
pretty much if you don't know exactly what your doing.. best to just buy a kit.. as terrible as that sounds.. It'll probably be worth the money you go through blowjob things up. to just go with the kit. Might sound expensive but seriously, things start to add up really quick if you don't do it right the first time. You get what you pay for..
ok well you guys are all right about turbos it cost $$$$ for sure,but how would you guys go about getting some extra power,my car has 168 factory but I'm sure theres less now from all the miles.What would you guys do if you wanted more power minus the chip already did that.
#7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 06:35 PM
Neutral Member

(Thread Starter)
I'm looking to gain in the 200hp would be nice if it were at the rear wheels.
#8 (permalink) Old 04-09-2009, 09:46 AM
n00b

radspeed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to radspeed
do your research man. you dont just ADD A TURBO. you have to read about the different compression turbo motors put out versus non-turbo. then there is fuel demand. you have to know how it works. if your looking to slap something on there, go buy some NOS.
#9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 11:17 AM
n00b

yoshieurom3 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to yoshieurom3
do a straight pipe, easy 15-20 horsepower instantly
#10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Pandemonium Director

nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to nukeduster Send a message via MSN to nukeduster
200 extra bhp? The m20 motor will make that much, but only if you know what youre doing. Otherwise you'll just be in the market for a new engine, too. Start with baby steps.

#11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Neutral Member

(Thread Starter)
I guess guys but its almost that time to figure out what I want for sure,but it will be close to 200hp.
#12 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 09:21 PM
n00b

Shoyoas is on a distinguished road
with a turbo or a s/c u have to lower your compression on the motor. but forced ind. will raise your compression up past what it is in stock trim. so if u leave the engine as is and slap a turbo on u got compression high enough to blow your motor. i've heard of people using thicker head gaskets to achieve the lower comp. needed for turbo/super. either way u have to do your homework first. or like previously mentioned u can always to a 100hp shot of nitrous which will still place a higher demand on the engine but not all the time like the forced ind. options.

just my .02 on the matter. i'm going turbo on my e39 but i have to research what compression etc. the motor has stock then i have to get the cash...lol

'97 528i
#13 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 09:28 PM
2nd Gear Member

silversled can only hope to improve
you mean adding a turbo to a non-turbo engine? that won't work good, as a matter of fact I would say it's a very bad idea. no, i wouldn't do that myself. nope... there are several other ways to add horse that would work much more better than a turbo...i would not do that myself
#14 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 02:45 PM
n00b

Shoyoas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversled View Post
you mean adding a turbo to a non-turbo engine? that won't work good, as a matter of fact I would say it's a very bad idea. no, i wouldn't do that myself. nope... there are several other ways to add horse that would work much more better than a turbo...i would not do that myself
It's actually very straight forward and easy to gather the nec parts once u understand how turbos work. I've several friends in the mustang/camaro community who add turbos to non turbo motors. and the import market in BOOMIN with turbo upgrades on little 2 liter motors. pretty reliable too if done correctly.

'97 528i
#15 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 08:31 PM
2nd Gear Member

silversled can only hope to improve
actually, it's not very straight forward and I do understand very well how turbos work as I have owned 3 of them over the years, both intercooled and non-intercooled and have replaced 2 of them, so I dig how they work and to attempt to attach a turbo to an engine not designed for a turbo is a very risky venture....very risky.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)