BMW Werkz banner

Swap Advice

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Undercaste 
#1 ·
I have:
83 320i
79 323i
89 325i

I have been collecting these cars to build one.
The 83 320i has a perfect body (motor problems)
The 79 323i has new brakes, brake lines, suspension(bilsteins/eibachs) very clean motor, bad oil pump and banged up body
The 89 325i has the motor I want (motronic 1.3) but a banged up body.

My plan is to use the motor and tranny from the 325i, the cross member and entire front and rear end from the 323i, and the body from the 320i.

Any advice at this stage would helpful...

I plan on turboing 7-10 psi and chipping. New exhaust and headers.

I'm looking for an agressive car with 200hp and torque to match. I'm not trying to build a dragster but more of a drifting cornering king.

I just got these cars together and so far I have removed the body from the frame of the 323i. I have the front steering/suspension - motor tranny - drive line - diff and entire rear end sitting in my garage waiting for the motor swap and new body.

WHAT shall I do to these things as they are easily accessed now??

I'd like to replace all bushings for urethane bushings (who has a kit for sale for the 323i suspnsion?) and maybe even swap over to Ground Control coil overs. I need a limited slip but what ratio?? (Again I am not looking for top speed) Any advice or something I haven't thought of??

Has any one seen or experienced this setup before??

lengthy I know
Thanks
Isaac

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.