BMW Werkz banner

Sunroof Problem

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Old_School_Bimmer 
#1 ·
The sunroof worked fine until two days ago. It stopped being able to retract into the roof, opening up the roof. It would only tilt up and down. Now it's fucking tilted! So when you close it, the rearmost driver's side corner is tilted downwards into the car... does NOT keep rain out!! What's wrong with it? Need help ASAP.

#2 ·
Sounds like one of the cables has slipped. You really need to strip clean and rebuild the roof and renew the cables and gearbox. But for a tempery repair I’d drop the gearbox and move the cables until the roof sits right the refit the gearbox. Sorry it’s been so lone since I’ve done an E30/E21 roof that I can rember the way to time it properly.

#3 ·
Any idea as to the labour involved/expense? It's not looking like I have a choice, because I don't want rain to get in her. All the shops are closed Sunday, so I can't take her down today. She's sitting in the carport.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.