BMW Werkz banner

stereo/radio anti-theft code

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  eekay 
#1 ·
just bought a well maintained 1984 bmw 325e, on a sweet deal. only problem has been the inability to play radio/stereo because seller did not have code, and after a drained battery incident, never recovered use of radio/stereo himself.
i have pulled the radio, model CM5905, given SN# to BMW dealership who got the code, which i have. the instructions the
dealership gave me (the original manual is missing first two chapters, covering said subject) was to enter code from radio settings (1,2,3,4,5), not on right side of radio where date/time/travel,... settings require a code as well to function.
even after leaving car in ignition switch 2 for and hour (as per BMW), i still get on single 'beep" upon entering code, but
still no function with radio/stereo. any ideas? before i just pull the original radio/stereo and have to buy a new one?

#4 ·
well i had the same prob cuz of drained battery. i left the keys in ignition for 1 hr 10 mins in position II last night and then entered the code and it worked. i just bought the car and didnt get any manual but luckily i found the radio card under the carpet of the back seat, so it worked.
btw...i applied brute force before i found the card so it was already locked and didn't take even the right code. :blink:
so if ur sure u hav the right code ...try it again...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.