Stainless hardware for M20's! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2006, 08:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
DIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to DIRTE30
Cool Stainless hardware for M20's!

Hey guys,

Just in case there is any interest, I can throw together a really nice stainless steel hardware kit for all you M20 guys out there. I did mine after having powder coated the engine and man does it make a difference! It would include approximately 150 pieces of A-2 stainless in the following....
1. Full set of acorn nuts and washers for your valve cover.
2. Various lengths of socket head(allen head) bolts to replace the rusty looking hex headed ones all over the engine and hood latches.
3. Stainless nylock nuts to replace your intake nuts, strut mount nuts, ground harness nuts, air cleaner mounting nuts, etc...

Pretty much any fastener that is visible under the hood that can viably be replaced with a nicer stainless version! It adds a little extra touch of class for when your changing that valve cover gasket and just hate to put those nasty old nuts back on your newly painted or powdercoated valve cover! I will try to get a pic posted if I can figure out how do shrink it down to fit! For now though you can look at the cell phone pics I have in my gallery, not great but they will give you the general idea! In case you were wondering, I run a wholesale industrial supply co. and have lots of this stuff readily available... no I didn't run to Lowe's and buy all of this stuff and try to sell it! Hard to get some of this stuff in Metric Stainless. This kit will come with instructions as to where to put what and is separated into individual bags and labeled for ease of use, I already did the hard work! B) The whole thing takes maybe an afternoon with the most basic hand tools. Oh... and you will need a good set of 3/8 drive metric allen sockets. I can include a nice set of those as well if need be. $30 dollars for the kit and $15.00 for the sockets(nice lifetime warranty set) if you need them. Should only cost a few bucks to UPS as it doesn't weigh much. This is really a fun little project for the weekend or a rainy day and you won't be disappointed with the outcome!

Let me know!
DIRTE30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2006, 05:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car:
Photos:
german-speed-demon has a brilliant futuregerman-speed-demon has a brilliant futuregerman-speed-demon has a brilliant futuregerman-speed-demon has a brilliant futuregerman-speed-demon has a brilliant futuregerman-speed-demon has a brilliant futuregerman-speed-demon has a brilliant futuregerman-speed-demon has a brilliant futuregerman-speed-demon has a brilliant futuregerman-speed-demon has a brilliant futuregerman-speed-demon has a brilliant future
need pics. use blinkfile

Two wheels or Four, I'm happy as long as the throttle is pinned.
german-speed-demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Teh Peetsa Gai

Car: '86 325es, '87 535is
Photos:
ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute
I'm afraid it might look like diamonds in a pile of horse manure....
Engine bay = dirty
'04 x3 3.0i: Wife's Bimmer (manual, woot!)
My BMW Blog
ldsbeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
DIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond reputeDIRTE30 has a reputation beyond repute
Try these?

Ok here goes nothin... see if they work. I'll post pics of the actual hardware packaged as soon as I can.

http://www.blinkfile.com/950/000_0044.JPG
http://www.blinkfile.com/952/000_0046.JPG
http://www.blinkfile.com/951/000_0045.JPG
Old 07-20-2006, 11:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car: Opening soon:
Photos:
Starmavin is a jewel in the roughStarmavin is a jewel in the roughStarmavin is a jewel in the roughStarmavin is a jewel in the rough
Looks good. On the other hand, I'm more of a "form follows function" kinda guy, show ain't got jack to do with go. Personally, I really hate it when people sacrifice performance or reliability for looks, such as those plastic spiral chrome air cleaners with the foam element sucking hot engine air. Or how about the kids that spray their aluminum radiators with black spray paint.
Starmavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 11:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
I'm with you man! If there is anyone out there that hates the "rice" it's me. If I see another stupid bazooka muffler on a neon I think I will barf! But I do like to put something back better than the way I took it apart... with tact however. I was needing to replace the intake and valve cover gaskets, so while I had it off I just didn't see any reason not to clean it up and same goes for the bolts and nuts. Just can't stand to put it back together nasty when it only takes a little extra effort to get a really nice looking engine compartment! Here's a current pic of under the hood. And believe me... it's form still lags behind it's performance my friend! 240k and still running smooth and strong!

http://www.blinkfile.com/961/Honeymoon%20271.jpg

Turtle.... you should add that to your Summer Project! It's fun to do...and your hands don't get all dirty when you check the oil. Is your engine an ETA or a superETA? I have a valve cover for an ETA and an i intake that have been powder coated and detailed like mine already sitting in my garage just needing a good home under your hood. I really think it modernises the underhood look of the M20! As Starmavin said form should follow function and I know yours functions!

Last edited by DIRTE30; 07-20-2006 at 11:49 PM.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Teh Peetsa Gai

Car: '86 325es, '87 535is
Photos:
ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute
I'll think about it. I agree. I do want to clean it up this summer, as I will be under the hood quite a bit fixing all of the leaks... so I'm going to clean everything to try and track down any leaks I don't fix with new gaskets.
Is there a difference between the "i' and "e" intakes?
'04 x3 3.0i: Wife's Bimmer (manual, woot!)
My BMW Blog
ldsbeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 07:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Yes... unless it's a superETA and then I think it has the i intake. Someone correct me if I'm wrong! I've never dealt with a super so I don't know for sure and I don't know what they came out in either. I think you would have the standard e motor which would have a different intake than what I have, but not to worry, I have a friend with a pile of them laying around if he hasn't scraped them yet.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car: 1984 325e
Photos:
E30crazy is on a distinguished road
I would definately be interested in this.

Also try posting this up on E30tech, you should get a really good response there.
E30crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Cool! I'll do that. Just shoot me an email. fastenalebay@yahoo.com to talk more about it. It'll be Mon. before I can put any kits together as I'm waiting on a couple of sizes to come in. Thanks!
Old 07-21-2006, 01:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
and0pand0 is on a distinguished road
wow

Personally, I think that it looks great! Good job man! Too bad I have an m42 and already did the intake gaskets =(

-And0
and0pand0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 03:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by and0pand0
Personally, I think that it looks great! Good job man! Too bad I have an m42 and already did the intake gaskets =(

-And0
I wouldn't have any problems getting stainless hardware for any engine if I knew the types and dimensions of them. I will look in to it if your interested. I should be able to find the pieces and dimensions on RealOEM.com.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
JoeMadoo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JoeMadoo Send a message via MSN to JoeMadoo Send a message via Yahoo to JoeMadoo
Looks sexy, how much for a set?

JoeMadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 05:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car: 1984 325e
Photos:
E30crazy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
$30 dollars for the kit and $15.00 for the sockets(nice lifetime warranty set) if you need them.
E30crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 11:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Yup! What he said.:lol:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)