BMW Werkz banner

sport seat won't sit upright.

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  tankman 
#1 ·
I have a problem with my two front seats. I own a 325is and the sport seats will recline all the way back when i pull the lever. Supposetly it's suppose to go toward your back. Do you know what can be wrong? I want to fix the seat. Thanks. If it takes to much to fix, i'll get some hard bucket seats.

#3 ·
hmmm.... yea maybe i'll start taking things apart. That always helps make it worst..hehe. Well i need some more feed back on who else has this problem.

#4 ·
jesus why does everyone always complain about these seats. I dont even think they are made to return to the upright position. So what all you gotta do is grab it and pull it forward. Big deal.

#5 ·
that's not how real seats are suppose to be. I want them to go up. If i can't get my driver side to go up then i'm getting myself a hard bucket seat.

#6 ·
whats the point of a hard bucket seat if they dont recline.... If you want a seat to not recline just use the sparcos you have and take out the reclining lever and gear. Then it wont recline and youll have a fixed bucket seats...

#7 ·
Originally posted by Fox@Jan 27 2004, 03:57 PM
jesus why does everyone always complain about these seats. I dont even think they are made to return to the upright position. So what all you gotta do is grab it and pull it forward. Big deal.
i'm pretty sure fox is right in that they are supposed to just fall back. mine do that too. its really no big deal, it kinda suprises you when you first do it, and its pretty inconvenient but if thats your biggest problem then you have alot to be grateful for.

#8 ·
that's not my only problem, i'm just trying to get all the little stuff out of the way. By the way are there any common problem with e30's?

#9 ·
my bmw does that too, and even though it's not a big deal, it's one of those pet peeves that people have you know? It may not make sense, or even common sense, but it just bothers the heck out of us. And plus, it just surprises many people who sit in the seats and they end up falling back when they try to recline their seats. kinda embaressing :cry lol. i'd also want to know how to fix it....if u guys bother to care. thanks

#10 ·
ha mine do it to i dont care i put my seat where i need it and i just dont change it and its funny to see pple fall on theire asses while sitting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.