BMW Werkz banner

spark plug wire check and ignition maitenance

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  träumer 
#1 ·
i checked the resistance on my the original beru spark plug wires with a micronta analog multimeter and the resistance was 100,000 ohms.I think this is too much for a wire.should i replace them? and if i do what wires should i get?the original ones?or is it me that i am measuring inaccurately the wires.what is the normal value for the spark plug wires?

also while i am checking my ignition system.how can i check the dist rotor and cap? and if they are bad. could i replace them myself or is that a task to hard for a light diyer.and should take it to a mechanic.thank you

#2 ·
how do i test the spark plug wire specifically for the spark plug end and then go ahead and test the distributor end. what i did to get that reading was disconnect the spark plug end and the distributor end and i put the positive end of the multimeter on the spark plug end and then the negative end of the multimeter on the distributor end. I think i did this wrong.how do i do it correctly?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.