BMW Werkz banner

Simple Mods?

3K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  MrM3 
#1 ·
what are some simple mods that would really stand out on my 325i convertible?

[attachmentid=13307]

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
lower it and tuck the bumbers

or put a giant fan on the back and tunr it into a pontoon boat

#3 ·
what do you mean by tuck the bumpers?

#4 ·
compress the bumper shocks, and it will suck in the bumbers so they don't stick out so far. It makes the car looks way more sporty

#5 ·
do you have any pics of what it would look like on a lowered e30? one tucked and one not tucked?

#6 ·
heres mine with tucked bumps

i cant find any other pics

#7 ·
on the pic without, it just says autotrader.ca

#8 ·
is it easy to do or would it take time? and also, i really like how your car sits. what kind of suspension do u have?

#10 ·
how much would that cost? and is it easier?

#11 ·
Originally posted by bimmerzrule06@Oct 2 2004, 03:09 PM
is it easy to do or would it take time? and also, i really like how your car sits. what kind of suspension do u have?
[snapback]203574[/snapback]​

i got a special suspention, one of my dads buddys works at a spring shop. I had him make me new ones, that were about 3in shorter

#12 ·
why do you want to stand out? j/w

#15 ·
Originally posted by witeshark@Oct 2 2004, 07:45 PM
I feel so lucky! :bravo cause my 89 has body color Euro type bumpers! :lol:
[snapback]203677[/snapback]​
What the hell?

#17 ·
Originally posted by takaaco@Oct 2 2004, 10:17 PM
so far the only difference i can tell from euro bumper and us spec bumpers is the little reflectors on the side of the bumper
[snapback]203741[/snapback]​
Or how about the fact that US bumpers are huge and tall and euro ones are short and skinny...
Oh and witeshark, all 89s came with short plastic body colored bumpers, you're not special.

#18 ·
anyone know where i could find these euro bumpers and an estimate of the cost? i search for them and i just find pic pages

#19 ·
Simple Mods(imo):
Cat Back Exhaust
Springs
Shocks
Lil' Col' Air intake
new steering wheel
tuck bumpers.

#20 ·
Originally posted by 87 325iS@Oct 2 2004, 03:10 PM
Forget tucking them, just buy euro bumpers.
[snapback]203575[/snapback]​

First of all it's a cabrio so it will take the plastic bumpers with out any hassles but you need the front valance.

Euro bumper's prepare to pay. I have a bunch but I am not selling these days as it is to much of a PIA. And you also need the correct front valance for the Small chrome euros.

This is a good example of a early metal bumper E30 cabbie

and this is a late model cabbie with plastic bumpers.

#21 ·
spiff, did you just paint the chrome on yours or did you get a new bumper? IMO, that looks just as good as the euro...

i'm getting a job in november and the salary is around $900va month(before taxes) and getting paid twice a month. hopefully, i will start getting some mods...after reading this, i plan on getting springs&shocks, bumper tuck(thanks to all those who posted about the euro bumpers, i really like them, but won't have too much money), k&n air filter, a performance chip(haven't decided between dinan, ac shnizter, or Conforti), a body kit, some interior mods, and wheels...hopefully most of it will be done in around a year...if anyone has any other ideas please post them

#22 ·
i just found something on ebay, i think it is the bumpers ya'll are talking about and if so, i am going to get them...are these the euro bumpers and what else would i need for them?

Ebay Plastic Bumpers

#23 ·
Euro bumpers aren't plastic, but since you have a vert you could do the plastic bumper conversion instead if you wanted to.

#24 ·
Originally posted by bimmerzrule06@Oct 3 2004, 09:22 PM
i just found something on ebay, i think it is the bumpers ya'll are talking about and if so, i am going to get them...are these the euro bumpers and what else would i need for them?

Ebay Plastic Bumpers
[snapback]204298[/snapback]​
that is a late model plastic bumper. The early euro bumpers people are referring to are a popular choice for people without cabrios or 88's, but since you have a cabrio it will be easy for you to cheaply update the bumpers (compared to what others have to pay to get rid of their diving boards). the bumper on the ebay link was used on both euro and US models after 88, but the US version has the orange sidemarkers in the bumper trim; therefore that bumper is in fact a 'euro' bumper, but its no better than a bumper you can take from a local salvage yard. to upgrade to plastic bumpers you will also need a 88+ front valance, which also needs different fog lights but those arent mandatory. another thing to consider is that putting on a rear plastic bumper may make the rear look funny without a rear apron since cars with diving boards had very short rear valances.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.