BMW Werkz banner

Shock Absorber Cartridge For Front Strut

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Kowalski 
#1 ·
:confused I bought a set of Sensa-trac shock cartridges (by Monr0e) for my 1987 325IC but when I released the pistion it extended about three inches longer than the old piston. The cartridge body is identical ..... I thought the old shocks were original equipment .... the new ones are supposed to be correct replacements ........now I am beginning to wonder if the old ones weren't the original. I put the new shocks on hoping the weight of the car would correct the difference but the car seems to sit a little high in the front now .......... can anyone tell me the correct length of the piston on the front shock (or the correct total piston length)..........This info would help me in my discussion with technical folks at Monroe

Thanks,
Irish

#2 ·
Originally posted by irish@Jun 1 2005, 02:26 PM
:confused I bought a set of Sensa-trac shock cartridges (by Monr0e) for my 1987 325IC but when I released the pistion it extended about three inches longer than the old piston. The cartridge body is identical ..... I thought the old shocks were original equipment .... the new ones are supposed to be correct replacements ........now I am beginning to wonder if the old ones weren't the original. I put the new shocks on hoping the weight of the car would correct the difference but the car seems to sit a little high in the front now .......... can anyone tell me the correct length of the piston on the front shock (or the correct total piston length)..........This info would help me in my discussion with technical folks at Monroe

Thanks,
Irish
[snapback]349360[/snapback]​
your old struts were probably worn out.

mine were so bad that when compressed they didnt uncompress.
even when i "lowered" my vehicle with new springs and shocks, it stayed pretty much the same height.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.