Semi M3 Conversion - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2004, 08:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Mr.BMW is an unknown quantity at this point
I want to do some minor M3 conversionononons to my 1990 325i E30. Nothing engine based, no, it's all body/suspension based, yes! I know generally seeing how the E30 is the chassis for both 1990 M3s and 325is general body work (front/rear/chin spoilers) is easy and can be done to make my 325i look more agressive like the sexy M3. However, I'm not a ricer, so i can give a shit about looks. I want handling of the M3. I read in a previous post it's possible to use M3 springs on a 325i. So if this is true, and I can basically turn the suspension system of my 325i to an M3's; what peices do i absoultely need, and should change from my 325i? Should I just tear the entire suspension system from it now, and replace with the M3's setup, or are there just certain components I can easily add to save me money and headaches?
Mr.BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2004, 10:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car: '89 E30 w/M50
Photos:
BMWJNKY has a reputation beyond reputeBMWJNKY has a reputation beyond reputeBMWJNKY has a reputation beyond reputeBMWJNKY has a reputation beyond reputeBMWJNKY has a reputation beyond reputeBMWJNKY has a reputation beyond reputeBMWJNKY has a reputation beyond reputeBMWJNKY has a reputation beyond reputeBMWJNKY has a reputation beyond reputeBMWJNKY has a reputation beyond reputeBMWJNKY has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to BMWJNKY Send a message via Yahoo to BMWJNKY
There may be more pieces than this but as far as I know this is what needs to be changed.

Control arm bushings, sway bars front and rear, sway bar bushings front and rear, front strut inserts, rear shocks, front springs, rear springs, rear sway bar reinforcement added. While you have the rear shocks out this would be a good time to replace the upper shock mounts with either solid or poly ones depending on how agressive you want to go. You should also upgrade your brakes too. I'd go with some slotted or cross-drilled rotors and a good agressive pad. I would also put a strut brace on the front.

BMWJNKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 12:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car:
Photos:
MrM3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrM3
the 325 and M3 share very few external body panels, you would have to change everything except the side mirrors, doors, and gas cap. not worth it, buy a M3 if you have to have the M3 look. as for the suspension, the M3's suspension really isnt that glamorous, its still very good, but you could do better without spending much more. instead of getting M3 shocks and springs, go with aftermarket parts such as H&R and Koni, and (if you want the responsiveness of the M3) go with the E36 M3 steering rack over e30 m3's. if you go all out and put in the M3 front strut assembly, including brakes, and the M3 rear trailing arms you'd be left with a 5lug setup, and it would give you a good opprotunity to weld the front M3 sway bar mounts up front. other things include the offset control arm bushings and alluminum control arms. then there's the extra's like a strut brace, billet Al rear shock mounts, and shock tower reinforcement plates.
MrM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)