BMW Werkz banner

Seats...

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  egk2 
#1 ·
#3 ·
JDM style. They aren't bad seats if you're on a budget. If you don't have gobs of cash to spend on Sparcos or Recaros, i'd get em.

#4 ·
If at all possible....check seats out in person, sit in an see the construction. A lot of these China seats are too soft with light weight fabric. I purchased a set of china seats a few months back and was able to go to the sellers warehouse which happened to be within a few miles from my house. The seat I originaly wanted turned out to be really sloppy, i.e. the foam was too soft and the fabric....realy sucked! I ended up bying what they considered to be lower end seats. The foam is much stiffer with more durable fabric w/bolster wear patches and the seat fits my body contour better.
Also "Universal Brackets" don't mean shit! for our cars......you will have to fabricate brackets to bolt those seats in. Universal means 'length' not 'width'. The seats I have are similar to what your looking at and probably came out of the same factory-in China. I do like them...they work much better than the stock vinyls. They are firmer and hold me in place much better during cornering. The added driver control gains are well worth the price.

good luck.

#7 ·
Originally posted by egk2+Jan 2 2005, 06:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(egk2 @ Jan 2 2005, 06:06 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-AmaRu@Jan 2 2005, 06:46 PM
how bout some clean recaro's.. much nicer imo
[snapback]262818[/snapback]​
then you have to drill through the bottom of your floor.
[snapback]262825[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

Which isnt the best idea if your car is winter driven :blink:

#8 ·
Originally posted by egk2+Jan 2 2005, 05:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(egk2 @ Jan 2 2005, 05:06 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-AmaRu@Jan 2 2005, 06:46 PM
I agree, find some nice stock sport vinyl seats, they bolt right up, the ebay seats need custom brackets made to fit, then you have to drill through the bottom of your floor.
[/b][/quote]

No need to drill your floor. You bolt the seats to the new brackets whitch you make so to utilize the stock mounting studs/holes.

Some used Recaro's would be nice but, have you seen the used ones? Typicaly very used and over priced. I looked for a month before i did the deal with my seats and for $250. Its a huge improvement over the stockers. Plus I designed my brackets to accept a four point harness belt set.

#9 ·
Originally posted by Bimmin'88+Jan 2 2005, 10:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bimmin'88 @ Jan 2 2005, 10:39 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by egk2@Jan 2 2005, 05:06 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-AmaRu
@Jan 2 2005, 06:46 PM

I agree, find some nice stock sport vinyl seats, they bolt right up, the ebay seats need custom brackets made to fit, then you have to drill through the bottom of your floor.
No need to drill your floor. You bolt the seats to the new brackets whitch you make so to utilize the stock mounting studs/holes.

Some used Recaro's would be nice but, have you seen the used ones? Typicaly very used and over priced. I looked for a month before i did the deal with my seats and for $250. Its a huge improvement over the stockers. Plus I designed my brackets to accept a four point harness belt set.
[snapback]262908[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

A couple of people with those ebay seats all had to fabricate metal brackets and drill new holes through the floor.

I just bought black vinyl sport seats for $125 in great condition, they bolted right up to my stock sliders, nothing fits like oem :yup Just have to search around, someone is bound to swap out stcok sports for race seats.

#10 ·
thanks for all the info. guys it helps me out alot. i really don't want to drill holes into my floor. i just wanted to get something that was after market and which was nice for a reasonable price. from searching i am learning more. i didn't realize how expensive these seats could be. looks like i am headed back to the junkyard. thanks again.

#11 ·
Originally posted by viali8@Jan 3 2005, 01:56 PM
thanks for all the info. guys it helps me out alot. i really don't want to drill holes into my floor. i just wanted to get something that was after market and which was nice for a reasonable price. from searching i am learning more. i didn't realize how expensive these seats could be. looks like i am headed back to the junkyard. thanks again.
[snapback]263243[/snapback]​
Just keep checking the other e30 forums, they're all over the place, I just saw some sport seats on ebay.

http://www.e30tech.com
http://www.r3vlimited.com
http://www.roadfly.org

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.