Rims for E30 325e.... - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 04:12 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Enthuziast is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Enthuziast Send a message via MSN to Enthuziast Send a message via Yahoo to Enthuziast
(Thread Starter)
Lightbulb Rims for E30 325e....

I am not looking for power with this ride ('88 325e), at first atleast. My intentions to start are to add some exterior cosmetics to make it look even more sexy. First plans are Lowering: Tokico Illuminas Adjustable Struts and Shocks and Eibach Lowering Springs, 1.6" Front, 1.4" Rear (Give or take .2"). Now I would like some rims to back these up. Im looking for a set of smaller rims, I have seen the 18z on the ride and its just to high off the ground for me. I'm looking for between 15" and 17" rims. 5 Spoked and some sort of lip prefered. What I'm asking for in here are your suggestions on rims and please, if possible, post pics. I had seen a post last night, right after joining with O.Z. rims but I forgot the name I'm pretty sure they started with a "F". I'm going to look back but if you do find them please post those as well, just in case I haven't found them out. Thanx and can't wait to see your suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 05:02 PM
n00b

Scotsman is an unknown quantity at this point
check out "www.tirerack.com" and input your car's specs. I went with the 5 spoke ASA wheels in 16", with yoko rubber...the package price was good, and they look nice. I'll post a pic after my wife and I get done with our move and I unpack the digi camera.
#3 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 08:03 PM
Teh Peetsa Gai

ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute
Dude, there is only one rim for your car.

Ronal LS

Just my opinion, of course.

'86 325es (TURTL3): PJ peetsa hawler
'87 535is (BADWATER): almost done... really.
'86 325e (GRN HLL): DD/show/rocket
'04 x3 3.0i: Wife's Bimmer (manual, woot!)
My BMW Blog
#4 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 09:27 PM
n00b

Scotsman is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll agree, the ronal's are nice looking, and a great wheel. had them for a very short while, then traded them off to a pal for a nice ported intake which has since gone away. the problem I had with them was the same one I had with the stock basket's.....to damn hard to clean. can't just wipe 'em down and go. but I'm with you, it's an opinion thing.
#5 (permalink) Old 10-15-2005, 01:03 AM
n00b

Send a message via AIM to Enthuziast Send a message via MSN to Enthuziast Send a message via Yahoo to Enthuziast
(Thread Starter)
Thanks Scotsman, I went to tirerack.com and it won't let me check it out, it was one of the first places I went. The only problem is when I do go there I get something about Java only working if firewall is activated and I turn the firewall on and it still doesn't work so I'll have to do some searching. As for the Ronal Rims, I'm not really feeling them... Some look "Stocky" others don't much fit the car in my opinion. Although 1-2 don't look al that bad. I do appreciate the suggestions, thats all I was asking for and keep them coming.
#6 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 10:16 AM
77th Gear Member

325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light 325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light 325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light 325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light 325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light
Agreed, Ronals look too stock in my opinion. I have ASA 5 spokes like Scotsman, but mine are 15's and wrapped in Kumho Ecsta tires for really good grip! As for suspension, that was the exact first choice I made as well, but after reading a lot of forums, Tokico's don't get a lot of credit. I used them a LOT with my RX-7 fetish, but I guess they just aren't valved well for good performance on an e30. I seem to hear a LOT of people using either Bilstein Sports with Eibach's or Ireland Engineering (www.bmw2002.com) springs, OR Koni adjustables with either one of those springs. I think I am going to build mine with Bilstein Sports and Ireland stage 3 springs. Should give the performance AND the ride that I want.

Just my .02

Josh W.

Not currently on the Bimmer kick. Drivin' a 2003 Silver Civic at the moment, but I am STILL the Founding Member of the "325eXTATIC You're my hero" club.
Quote:
Originally Posted by <b>superdeadman</b><br>Josh W. IS my hero!

Originally Posted by <b>JoeMadoo</b><br>325eXTATIC, you're my hero...
Originally Posted by <b>Moosepuck</b><br>Oh yeah... 325eXTATIC...you're my hero...
Originally Posted by <b>e30dream</b><br>325eXTATIC....youre my hero.

Last edited by 325eXTATIC; 10-17-2005 at 10:51 AM.
#7 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 02:56 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Kool deal sounds good, i'll look into all you said Xtatic, thanks for the heads up. As for your rims would you mind sending me pix so i can check them out? Can do it on here or email me at Midnightskyline7@sbcglobal.net which ever you choose will be fine. As for my car, the 325e...I am going for a sleek look first before, if I choose to, add some power. I read online the "E" Engine is made for gas conservation more-so then power, and that it is puttin out only 121 horses. Sooo...iunno if it is worth doing anything to it. Input suggested on that just said would be fine...guide me! Lol But as for the lowering and such Koni would be my second choice...as for the springs I'll take a second loook online for those that were listed. Thanx for the post.
#8 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 02:35 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Ladies and/or Gentlemen. I have found the rims that I want. Check the link below to check it out and also the car that I'm about to buy from my buddy. Its 4 door but i'll make due. The rims in order of want are (from the left) 5th,4th,3rd,1st,2nd. The 5th (bottom row first) are black with a chrome lip, it's hard to see from the glare but thats how they are. Leave me some info and feedback. Thanx alot. I also plan on getting some Drilled/Slotted OEM Size Brembo rotors to accent them as well. 200 shipped on ebay.

Car 'n Rims: http://photobucket.com/albums/a143/Xx_Eclipsekid_xX/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)