BMW Werkz banner

Removing badge

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  silversled 
#1 ·
What is the safest way to remove my "325es" badge on my trunk so I can replace it?

#5 ·
very easy, simply find a thin flat head screw driver and a thick paper towel. Wrap the paper towel around the end of screw driver and gently pry the medallion off, there are 3 points of attachment....just reasonably go around the parimenter of the badge and gently pry it off slowly. It'll come up. The alternative is to wrap the the end of the screw driver with masking tape and do the the same thing. The point is to avoid scratching the finish. Installing the new one is a piece of cake...it's getting the old one off.... best of luck

#9 ·
Ummm what is that double sided tape underneath the badging then;)

#13 ·
I got the badge off. The numbers on the tail are stuck on with adhesive. I picked at it with my fingers, but I will grab the adhesive remover for the rest of it. the "es" is what I already got off, the "325" is next, but I will get he red can of the remover first. The badge 325es on an '86 is stuck on, fyi silversled. I used a screwdriver with a cloth and paper towel to pry up the "es" and it worked well. Thanks guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.