Remove Seat to Replace Seat Belt Receptacle? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 12:55 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Redhaze737 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Remove Seat to Replace Seat Belt Receptacle?

I need to replace the drivers side Seat belt receptacle. It's bolted to the inside of the seat with very little room to access the short bolt although it may be possible with an end wrench. It looks like it would be easier to remove the seat. Has anyone ever replaced the seat belt receptacle and/or can you direct me to instructions for removing the seat?

Or any suggestions are welcome.

Aloha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 12:04 PM
Festivus yes, bagels no..

yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Yahoo to yammahamma
I don't know about the seat belt....but the seats are easy as pie to remove...

there are 4 nuts...I believe size 17 mm...two in the front of the seats and two in the back. Slide the seat all the way to the back and take out the front nuts. Then slide the seat forward and take out the back nuts.....done and done.

#3 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 12:14 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the help. I'll see if I can get to it by raising the seat up as high as it will go. Otherwise I'll take it out.
#4 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 09:54 AM
n00b

Beemer_Bandit_666 is on a distinguished road
yeah it would definitly be easyer to remove the seat for working room
to remove the seat, just slide it either forward or backwards, depending on where you feel like starting. there may be plastic caps over the heads of the bolts, but those come off easy enough with an interior clip remover or a flathead screwdriver. if memory serves me correctly theres two nuts in the front of the seat and two bolts in the rear. after thos are out the seat should just lift right out of the car

as far as the seatbelt, it should just be one bolt on the bottom of the upper recepticle and one down under the belt roll

and the seat bolts are 15mm, unless theyve been removed and replaced by somthing/someone else
#5 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 09:52 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer_Bandit_666 View Post
yeah it would definitly be easyer to remove the seat for working room
to remove the seat, just slide it either forward or backwards, depending on where you feel like starting. there may be plastic caps over the heads of the bolts, but those come off easy enough with an interior clip remover or a flathead screwdriver. if memory serves me correctly theres two nuts in the front of the seat and two bolts in the rear. after thos are out the seat should just lift right out of the car

as far as the seatbelt, it should just be one bolt on the bottom of the upper recepticle and one down under the belt roll

and the seat bolts are 15mm, unless theyve been removed and replaced by somthing/someone else
I finally got to this project. I took the seat out and replaced the seat belt clip. It took about 10 minutes. Easy as pie. Thanks. Now if I can just get the driver's side door lock to work I'm golden. Well, until the next issue.
#6 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 06:30 PM
n00b

E32Beemmer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yammahamma View Post
I don't know about the seat belt....but the seats are easy as pie to remove...

there are 4 nuts...I believe size 17 mm...two in the front of the seats and two in the back. Slide the seat all the way to the back and take out the front nuts. Then slide the seat forward and take out the back nuts.....done and done.
Hello, first time post. I'm removing the front seats to my 88-735i. I've read your intructions on how to remove them, and it sounds exactly like the Chiltons manual. But, for the life of me, I don't understand which 4 bolts? The manual shows no figures (pictures) and they state to remove the seat- track from the base by removing these 4 bolts you speak of. I removed 2 bolts from the back that fasten the base to the floor board, and then slipped the base off the 2 hooks that secure the front of the base, and took the seat out. The manual says by removing these 4 bolts, the base remains to the floor, and then you can remove it if desired.
What am I missing? Would appreciate some clearification on these intructions.
Thank you, CJ
#7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 06:42 PM
n00b

hoopster is on a distinguished road
The Driver Side Seat Belt locked in the closed position when I stopped to get fuel at Costco....I couldn't get out of the car unless I crawled out of the seat...I decided to go home to do that!! It was hilarious because I am 6'5" tall. I'm happy no one saw me!! I was able to reorder a new Seat Belt receptacle; took the seat out to take the old out and install the new one....Just a funny story!!
#8 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 11:50 AM
Captain... Savvy ?

Jack Dabsy will become famous soon enough
Garage
Hahahaha You should've got a friend to video that for us

Eso es todo!
Please press the "REP" button if you are happy with your response/answer...

Please JOIN, or just have a look... Its Totally FREE...
BMW Part Market

BMW Online Manuals (TIS)

New Member ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)