BMW Werkz banner

Rear Wheel Bearings, What tools will I need?

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Kowalski 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has changed one of theirs, I have changed a front wheel bearing on my 84 318i but those are a hub and not just the bearing. Just need to know if I will need any additional tools besides a bearing puller and the 37 or 36mm socket(dont remember the exact size it was) If not Great. If I will need anything else please let me know.

#3 ·
Not much jsut a big hammer and a lot of patience.

#5 ·
i tried to take this i landed up just taking it to my mechanic cuz i didn't have the tools to do it. from behind drive the wheel hub out of the wheel bearing you would have to use a puller to remove the bearing inner race from the hub.

#7 ·
info

Yes, you will need a puller to remove that bearing. Any drive wheel bearing needs to be pulled out. Any non-drive bearing usually can come right out without any pulling device. Just for future reference =0

Oh and if you have the right pullers, the job wont take more than 45 minutes per wheel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.