Problem with radiator fan - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-26-2005, 12:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Slow325i is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Slow325i
(Thread Starter)
Problem with radiator fan

Last night i was checking something under the hood with engine runing when i heard some noise coming from lower radiator area
I look at better and i find out that plastic that goes aroundfan is for some reason pushed out of place
I was wandering did anyone remove this plastic piece because i could just remove it or I can fix it

I'm from Bosnia / Europe ,4 years ago i move to Erie , PA USA ,my English is sux ,so please don't critize me

89 BMW 325i coupe http://www.cardomain.com/ride/358997/3
88 325ix
94 Mustang GT verthttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/358997/1
87 BMW M3 swap(clone M3) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/358997/5 (Back in Bosnia)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-26-2005, 02:02 PM
Festivus yes, bagels no..

yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold yammahamma is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Yahoo to yammahamma
I just got done replacing my timing belt and to do that I had to remove the radiator and that plastic piece that's around the fan.

I'm pretty sure this plastic piece helps channel the air through the radiator and helps keep the temp down...so I'm not sure if just removing it is the best idea.

I'm think you have to take the radiator out along with the plastic piece (you can unhook the plastic piece from the radiator but there won't be enough room to pull it out unless the radiator is taken out)

to remove the plastic piece from the radiator there are two plastic "rivets" that hold it to the radiator. There are located at the top in each corner of the plastic piece. Each "rivet" has two peices--there's a little plastic pin in the center of the "rivet" that must be pulled out first to allow the rest of it to come out--once those two rivets are out then the plastice piece is now separated. There are two slots at the bottom of the radiator that the plastic piece rests in--and upward pull will take it out of those.

but like I said, I couldn't get it out with out removing the radiator along with it....but you can try if you want...good luck!

#3 (permalink) Old 12-26-2005, 03:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Slow325i is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Slow325i
(Thread Starter)
Problem fixed with 3 zip ties, 3 plasctis screws/rivets was missin on shroud ,so i just put zip ties and its tight like never

Thanks anyway

I'm from Bosnia / Europe ,4 years ago i move to Erie , PA USA ,my English is sux ,so please don't critize me

89 BMW 325i coupe http://www.cardomain.com/ride/358997/3
88 325ix
94 Mustang GT verthttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/358997/1
87 BMW M3 swap(clone M3) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/358997/5 (Back in Bosnia)
#4 (permalink) Old 12-26-2005, 10:35 PM
3rd Gear Member

Kowalski is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Kowalski
Quote:
Originally Posted by yammahamma
I just got done replacing my timing belt and to do that I had to remove the radiator and that plastic piece that's around the fan.

I'm pretty sure this plastic piece helps channel the air through the radiator and helps keep the temp down...so I'm not sure if just removing it is the best idea.

I'm think you have to take the radiator out along with the plastic piece (you can unhook the plastic piece from the radiator but there won't be enough room to pull it out unless the radiator is taken out)

to remove the plastic piece from the radiator there are two plastic "rivets" that hold it to the radiator. There are located at the top in each corner of the plastic piece. Each "rivet" has two peices--there's a little plastic pin in the center of the "rivet" that must be pulled out first to allow the rest of it to come out--once those two rivets are out then the plastice piece is now separated. There are two slots at the bottom of the radiator that the plastic piece rests in--and upward pull will take it out of those.

but like I said, I couldn't get it out with out removing the radiator along with it....but you can try if you want...good luck!
you can just take the fan off, its 4 13 mm bolts... saves removal of the radiator.

M42 Custom ground cams for sale PM me
264* roatation and 388 lift
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)