BMW Werkz banner

Price Gouging?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  witeshark 
#1 ·
I installed new suspention on my 325i over the weekend. H&R springs, Bilstein shocks, SuspTech sway bars and camber kits. so oon Monday I call a local tire and alignment shop (which happend to recomended). So I bring my car in and go home. I get a call a couple of hours later and they say I need a new Tie rod end. OK...can you get the part? They call me right back.....Yes they can get the part ($80.00 for the tie rod end and $50.00 for instal)... :confusedI say Ok and hag up. :confused I go on line pull up some suppliers and all of them price the part @ $35.00. I call the dealer.....dealer price $69.00. :banghead Now I'm like WTF...! I call the tire place back and relay the above information. The guy says to me, Well...this is the price my supplier quoted me, do you want me to get it from the dealer? Yah Right! i tell him I'm don't even want to pay dealer price and that I will have to order the part and I will have it here in a couple of days. Guy...OK.
So a coulple of hours later, here I've been waiting for a call so I can come pickup my car. I decide to call and see where my car is. The Guy... They said you were comming down with the part (my car was sitting in the shop, in pieces) :wtf Now these guys are pissing me off!

Conclusion= I had them put my car back together and I pulled the job. There may have been some miscommunication on both our parts. But...$80..."Gold Platted"??

Think these guys were trying to rip me off?

BTW.....the car is nice and TIGHT!

See less See more
#2 ·
yeah man ive run into probs like that with a few places, that really sucks! i always hate when it happens to me :-/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.