Power Window Trouble... - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 04:05 PM
Neutral Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HoFF is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to HoFF
(Thread Starter)
Okay. Today I went into my car and tried to roll up all the windows. The only problem was that the passenger front window would not roll up at all. Over the past few days that I have rolled that window up, I have noticed that it was going a little slower than all the rest of the windows. Now I can't roll it up at all. Does anyone know what to do to fix this problem? Possibly get a new motor or it lost its juice or what?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 07:31 PM
n00b

DANM is an unknown quantity at this point
change your switches .these switches are prone to contact burning(within the switch) dirty contacts produce higher resistance and lower voltage to your window motor and slower than normal operation. eventually failing completely.
#3 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 10:13 PM
Neutral Member

ye12 is an unknown quantity at this point
I doubt if it is your window motor. The BMW parts guy told me that they rarely replace motors. Check your window alignment, because it may be binding and stalling your motor. To do this, roll your window up and leave a small gap open. Check that the top of window glass is parallel to the frame.
#4 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 11:51 PM
Neutral Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by ye12@Aug 30 2004, 10:53 PM
I doubt if it is your window motor. The BMW parts guy told me that they rarely replace motors. Check your window alignment, because it may be binding and stalling your motor. To do this, roll your window up and leave a small gap open. Check that the top of window glass is parallel to the frame.
I would try that but I can't roll up my windows at all. I try pushing up on the button then try to pull the window up, but it doesn't come.
#5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 11:56 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
You won't believe it, but I had that problem too. But in my case it just starts working again

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#6 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 12:44 AM
Neutral Member

(Thread Starter)
Does the one that got stuck have the same power going up as all the other windows?
#7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 01:08 AM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT
voltage check!!!!!

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
The Calypso Beast Vid 0-70ish
1987 BMW 325es: Face & Butt Lifted/M50tu Swapped*Sold*
1985 VW Scirocco: Too many mods, money pit*Sold*
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
#8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 03:09 PM
Neutral Member

ye12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by HoFF+Aug 31 2004, 12:31 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HoFF @ Aug 31 2004, 12:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ye12@Aug 30 2004, 10:53 PM
I would try that but I can't roll up my windows at all. I try pushing up on the button then try to pull the window up, but it doesn't come. [/b][/quote]
I had a similar problem with my left rear window stuck open. I took off the door panel (easy to do) and disconnected the window motor. I then wired up the window motor directly from the battery using a jumper cable and a short piece of wire to connect to the motor connector. Just reverse the connection to change the direction of the widow operation.

Be careful because you don't have a fuse to blow if something shorts out. I took a chance, but I first just tapped the wires together to see if the window would move.
#9 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 04:58 PM
Neutral Member

(Thread Starter)
Well I just took out the switch I have now and cleaned it up and now it works great. I can finally roll my window back up. Thanks for the help guys. B)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)