BMW Werkz banner

Power Window Trouble...

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  HoFF 
#1 ·
Okay. Today I went into my car and tried to roll up all the windows. The only problem was that the passenger front window would not roll up at all. Over the past few days that I have rolled that window up, I have noticed that it was going a little slower than all the rest of the windows. Now I can't roll it up at all. :( Does anyone know what to do to fix this problem? Possibly get a new motor or it lost its juice or what?

#3 ·
I doubt if it is your window motor. The BMW parts guy told me that they rarely replace motors. Check your window alignment, because it may be binding and stalling your motor. To do this, roll your window up and leave a small gap open. Check that the top of window glass is parallel to the frame.

#4 ·
Originally posted by ye12@Aug 30 2004, 10:53 PM
I doubt if it is your window motor. The BMW parts guy told me that they rarely replace motors. Check your window alignment, because it may be binding and stalling your motor. To do this, roll your window up and leave a small gap open. Check that the top of window glass is parallel to the frame.
I would try that but I can't roll up my windows at all. :( I try pushing up on the button then try to pull the window up, but it doesn't come.

#8 ·
Originally posted by HoFF+Aug 31 2004, 12:31 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HoFF @ Aug 31 2004, 12:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ye12@Aug 30 2004, 10:53 PM
I would try that but I can't roll up my windows at all. :( I try pushing up on the button then try to pull the window up, but it doesn't come. [/b][/quote]
I had a similar problem with my left rear window stuck open. I took off the door panel (easy to do) and disconnected the window motor. I then wired up the window motor directly from the battery using a jumper cable and a short piece of wire to connect to the motor connector. Just reverse the connection to change the direction of the widow operation.

Be careful because you don't have a fuse to blow if something shorts out. I took a chance, but I first just tapped the wires together to see if the window would move.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.