Please Help Check Engine Light on - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 07:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car: 87' 325i 5spd
Photos:
Docho is on a distinguished road
Question Please Help Check Engine Light on

Good evening everyone,

I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far. I have a problem that I sure could use some help with. My 87' 325i was running beautifully until this afternoon. I got up this morning and commenced to detailing her real good. Popped open the bonnet and rinsed of the motor briefly. Started the motor to help dry her off and finished detail job on exterior/interior. Did nothing to motor or engine compartment aside from rinsing the motor off. Got the wife and kids and started to go for a nice drive in the country. I notice the car stumbled when I pulled out of the drive way. The sun was shining on the dash so I did not get a read on the check engine light until about 5 miles into the drive. She is stumbling when the throttle is brought up when in neutral, ya know the throttle rap. then when coming off the line I have to bring the throttle way up to get her moving or else she will die. When I come to a stop, The car wants to idle at round about 1200 rpm for a few seconds before droping back to normal. Idle is smooth. When I shut the car down she shuts right down like normal. When I turn the key to the 2nd position, engine off, The check engine light flashes 3 times and then remains on. Please help with what might be going on.

Thanks,
Docho
Docho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2009, 07:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
OMFG another one!?

Car: 89 E30 325i, 2007 Honda
Photos:
witeshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nice
Maybe something got wet that wasn't supposed to. Hopefully it will dry out.

Sig by zeaq
witeshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ich bin der Modifikator

Car: 97'E36 2.8 w/Optional Sport Package
Photos:
johnnyBgood is a jewel in the roughjohnnyBgood is a jewel in the roughjohnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by witeshark View Post
Maybe something got wet that wasn't supposed to. Hopefully it will dry out.
+1.......distributor cap, hopefully not the ecu.

jb
johnnyBgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car: 87' 325i 5spd
Photos:
Docho is on a distinguished road
Smile Thank you

Thanks for your replies gents. I thought I heard a slight vac leak. Checked around and found a slightly loose connection on the idle air stabilizer valve pushed it on for a better fit. Started car and idle and throttle response seems to be all good. also, check engine light reset itself.

Cheers
Docho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ich bin der Modifikator

Car: 97'E36 2.8 w/Optional Sport Package
Photos:
johnnyBgood is a jewel in the roughjohnnyBgood is a jewel in the roughjohnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docho View Post
Thanks for your replies gents. I thought I heard a slight vac leak. Checked around and found a slightly loose connection on the idle air stabilizer valve pushed it on for a better fit. Started car and idle and throttle response seems to be all good. also, check engine light reset itself.

Cheers
Great news.....you probably knocked it off while cleaning the engine.

jb
johnnyBgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)