BMW Werkz banner

performance upgrades for the 318i?

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  UberBimmer 
#1 ·
Now, this is a possibility that I may come in contact with a 1991 318i. I want to make it fast like every other teenager here. My parents aren't filthy rich and wont help me pay for performance stuff so its just my job and my account footing the bill. Now, I know that I want a short-shift kit but I dont know what else I might want. I'm looking to spend not much more then 500 at most and I dont want any fart cans or rims or extensions or underhood lights or buzzers or stereo-absolutely nothing fancy or "hott". I've seen some pretty well dolled up cars and thats not me because it would get scratched. So what should I think about getting? My father says suspension but it doesn't sound so nice if the suspension pieces alone cost 500+ dollars. Oh, also, I wont be doing any real racing, just burning this and that at the traffic light so I dont need a beast...just a bit more muscle. Suggestions? Also list some good makes and brands.

Thanks for reading,
-Alex

p.s. does anyone have anything to say about: http://autoth.desyne.com/our_products.htm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.