People Are Stoooooped! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 09:53 AM
77th Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light 325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light 325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light 325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light 325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light
(Thread Starter)
Just a quick story to tell all of you that will make your head spin...

Hurricaine Katrina caused the Oil Refineries on the Gulf Coast to shut down... There are 2 major pipelines that feed Atlanta with most of the automotive and aviation fuel were shut down for JUST 1 DAY!!! They are already back up and pumping at 25% capacity in less than 48 hours, just to give you some idea of how quickly these problems were being addressed.
So my girlfriend needed me to help her pick some things up at Costco for her boss, which is usually a 20 minute drive from her place. We get on the road and are IMMEDIATELY stuck on the roads because EVERYONE IN THE F*&%ING STATE is in line to get F*&%ING GAS!!!
Our 20 minute drive takes us over an hour and a half, just trying to get around the INSANE lines... and GET THIS! While stuck on the road next to a Chevron (or was it Exxon? Well, either way...) we noticed that there was an employee waiting beneath the price sign with the big suction cup on a pole that they use to change the numbers... He is just standing there, WAITING FOR THE BOSS TO BRING HIGHER NUMBERS!!! We watched as he was brought more numbers... Get this... The price was already $3.59 per gallon for regular unleaded... They didn't just change the last 2 digits.... NOOOOooOOOoo... They changed the 3... TO A 6!!!! That is RIGHT $6.59 PER GALLON!!!!!!!! But wait, there's MORE!
We are slowly advancing past this glut of traffic, when the boss comes out with ANOTHER SET OF NUMBERS... This time, he IS changing the last 2 digits... Now, it is... (anyone want to take a guess???)

$6.99

Then the Governor got a little pissy! Between the time we walked into the Costco, and when we left, he had made an announcement that if any station was caught charging more than market value for the area, they would be SHUT DOWN IMMEDIATELY!!! That announcement was SO QUICK to take effect, that in the hour we were in the store, the line for Costco's gas went from 4 hours to under 10 cars!!! And gas prices at the same station mentioned above... oddly enough, were back down to $3.29!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

I saw people in FIST FIGHTS over gas! I saw a poor woman (cute, unassuming young business woman also shopping for HER boss as it turns out!) get SLAPPED because she was trying to PARK IN THE PARKING LOT and some STUPID BITCH thought she was trying to CUT IN LINE! This state SUCKS!!!!

Just thought you would get a kick out of this story.

Enjoy!

Josh W.

Not currently on the Bimmer kick. Drivin' a 2003 Silver Civic at the moment, but I am STILL the Founding Member of the "325eXTATIC You're my hero" club.
Quote:
Originally Posted by <b>superdeadman</b><br>Josh W. IS my hero!

Originally Posted by <b>JoeMadoo</b><br>325eXTATIC, you're my hero...
Originally Posted by <b>Moosepuck</b><br>Oh yeah... 325eXTATIC...you're my hero...
Originally Posted by <b>e30dream</b><br>325eXTATIC....youre my hero.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 10:17 AM
Teh Peetsa Gai

ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute
in-freakin'-sane.

my 1979 GMC Suburban is now parked.
Still waiting on the insurance company for the check to fix "The Turtle".

'86 325es (TURTL3): PJ peetsa hawler
'87 535is (BADWATER): almost done... really.
'86 325e (GRN HLL): DD/show/rocket
'04 x3 3.0i: Wife's Bimmer (manual, woot!)
My BMW Blog
#3 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 12:15 PM
1st Gear Member

DJProfessor is an unknown quantity at this point
freaking glad i left........

but man what a bunch of idiots running to the pumps because they were scared there was going to be a shortage. that's too funny.

sexually assault a member of the VW community? if you belong to dubdojo or swov.org they will gladly circle their wagons and support you.
#4 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 12:42 AM
Neutral Member

wcleafs is an unknown quantity at this point
ghead
AH the greed of our fellow man
I must say my feelings go out to those trapped and/or effected by the storm.
I dont mean to slag the US goverment or FEMA but with all the warning of the size and possible effects of this storm they seem to been caught flat footed.
Its a hell of a job to bring together so many resources but there really doesnt seem to be anyone leading the circus. used

I know off topic but just curious and confused

gods speed to all down south.

GO LEAFS GO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)