Which One? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-27-2005, 08:59 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
johnnybmxer is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to johnnybmxer Send a message via MSN to johnnybmxer Send a message via Yahoo to johnnybmxer
(Thread Starter)
Hey, I'm a noob, be nice.

I've been looking into bimmers a lot lately and I am mainly looking at a 1991 318IS for the better handling because of the smaller engine, but I was thinking there would be a major lack of power there. Is there a good choice around the same style. I don't know too much of the 325, I've read the different types, but which do you prefer? After looking into the 318IS I've found out a lot of things that were inticing. I was looking through a different forum and a guy said that it's possible to pull 1g on a skidpad with around $1000 is suspension mods. Is this true, if so, that's right up there with a Ferrari Enzo(1.05g) and that alone is enough to make me want one badly. I'd like to know that I'd be able to out-perform the guys in all their Japanese ricers, haha. I'm getting my license soon and I'm gonna be driving a Taurus for the summer to fix up and sell, I can sell it for around $3400 and the local average value for a bimmer is around $2800 so I should have it by the end of the summer and it has me drooling. I have a feeling that switching from a Ford to a BMW is gonna be the biggest and best change I've ever had.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 10:31 AM
1st Gear Member

whitey_E30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ford to BMW..... not a bad change. I went from Geo to BMW. Everything was bigger and better, it was like moving up in the world.

this is my
#3 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 10:39 AM
Pandemonium Director

nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to nukeduster Send a message via MSN to nukeduster
Quote:
Originally posted by whitey_E30@Apr 29 2005, 07:31 AM
Ford to BMW..... not a bad change.* I went from Geo to BMW.* Everything was bigger and better, it was like moving up in the world.
[snapback]339128[/snapback]
dont do it... it'll ruin you for life lol..

you'll never be able to own another non-bmw again

okay, maybe that isnt such a bad thing.

just dont kill yourself in the car kid. its a sad day to see a bmw get hurt. just because you have a capable car doesnt make a first time driver superman.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)