OEM Spec up - 88' E30
I bought a 88' E30 320i (Not sure if you folks in the U.S got this model, 6cyl 2litre). Anyway big plans to get it completly original and spec it up with full options, bar the electric windows. (Too much weight, to many dramas and most probably slooooow)
So my questions are:
1) Is there a brochure or something that lists the optional specs for laet 80's E30s?
2) Are items like the map light rear view mirrors, two tone bumpers, checked seats with arm rest (rear) and extendable front cusion (front), fog lights etc only issued on M-Tech and/or iS models or were they optioned accross the range? Pelican parts, C3bmw etc give no advice
3) Are all looms for these options fitted across the range and so OEM just had to bung on the optioned parts when ordered new? (so will I find a wire stuck in behind my current std. revision mirror so a retrofit of the map light mirror will make it an easy change)
4) Is the plastic cover plate/dummy switch just ahead of the sunroof for the manual winder (I have electric)? Is it for manual crank if it breaks or did something else go there?
5) Am I a noob for asking these questions despite scouring the forums for xxxmonths.
Again I understand there will be minor differences b/n U.S and AU cars due to Road regs, LHD/RHD yabber yabber.
Many thanks chaps,