now only runs with 2 batterys - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2008, 11:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
damascus is on a distinguished road
now only runs with 2 batterys

Had 84 325e towed to Autohause El Camino in Santa Clara. Car started before tow truck picked it up. Mo Tried to start it with only a battery he connected up from as he did not know battery was in Trunk. I connected battery in Trunk and car started with the battery connected in front also.
But now car won't start without both batterys connected. I told him he must have burt out the diodes in the Alternator but he thinks it's something else like a ground wire. He said he would show me the clutch was replaced and show me the car go throught the gears running but he wanted me to pay before he even took car off the lift. I told him he promised it would be running and I could not pick it up if it did not run. Next he asked me to just sign the bottom of a work order without him filling out anything above my signature. I said no. He showed me a used clutch but I have no idea if he replaced it without the car running. What should I do.???
damascus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2008, 09:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Teh Peetsa Gai

Car: '86 325es, '87 535is
Photos:
ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute
take it to a different shop.
Look here for a shop in your area.
It will cost to get it towed to a different shop, but at least they won't be shady/crooks, etc.

p.s. Welcome to Bimmerwerkz!!
'04 x3 3.0i: Wife's Bimmer (manual, woot!)
My BMW Blog
ldsbeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
damascus is on a distinguished road
yes that looks like mine. got only a pick and no reply. Anyway Now I know why my mechanic wanted to get the money before I started it or test drove it. I'm just an average white guy but before I took car in to have clutch fixed, it started fine,all the gauges worked,there was a newly surfaced 325i head and intake and new head gasket, new oil with no water in oil. When I told I would not pay for it until I test drove it,none of the the gauges worked, except the oil light was on. Before leaving the parking lot for the test drive he asked me if there was water in the engine as if he never bothered checking before running the car himself. I said stop and let's check. It was way low on water and the oil was overfilled with gray-white oil. The car had no power after a short trip around the block and I believe he intentionally disabled all gauges so I would not see the temperature go up. He did not give me a work order to sign before he started on the car. Then last Monday, three days after the car was supposed to be up and running he told me it was running and to come down and pay for it. At that Time I asked him if it started and he admitted it did not but wanted me to sign a blank work order with just my name on top. I asked him why he lied about car running on the phone but he did not answer. Yesterday was Friday and a week after the car was supposed to be ready, I did not pay him and he immediately took car out of the shop to some yard. I'm in Santa Clara,California but
I still think I should have got a copy of a work order,with all his promises on it, before he worked on my car and not try to get me to sign something whe he could not get it to start. And the car started perfectly when I brought it in.

Last edited by damascus; 01-26-2008 at 07:35 AM.
damascus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)