BMW Werkz banner

New To Site, Have Some Questions

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  9x16 
#1 ·
Hey whats up everyone. Im brand new to this site. My name is DJ i live in Kentucky and im 16. I recently bought a 1986 325 BMW. Its not only my project car but my soon to be daily driver.

My questions are pretty simple, hopefully someone can help me.

1. The engine in my Bimmer idles really erratic. It revs really high and then really low and then back relaly high. It only does this some of the time though. What can it be?

2. I also have a 85 528E. Not exactly the same car, but the 528 has no tranny, but the engine is in good condition. Can i swap a cam in my 528 to my 325 *The 325 has a flat spot on one of the cams*

More questions to come im sure, but for now i appreciate any help. Later

#3 ·
Originally posted by Dj_325@May 11 2005, 05:02 PM
Hey whats up everyone. Im brand new to this site. My name is DJ i live in Kentucky and im 16. I recently bought a 1986 325 BMW. Its not only my project car but my soon to be daily driver.

My questions are pretty simple, hopefully someone can help me.

1. The engine in my Bimmer idles really erratic. It revs really high and then really low and then back relaly high. It only does this some of the time though. What can it be?

2. I also have a 85 528E. Not exactly the same car, but the 528 has no tranny, but the engine is in good condition. Can i swap a cam in my 528 to my 325 *The 325 has a flat spot on one of the cams*

More questions to come im sure, but for now i appreciate any help. Later
[snapback]343501[/snapback]​
its the same engine so the cam would be interchangable.. but if there literally is a flat spot on the cam lobe, that would indicate a oiling problem, one that i would get looked at NOW...

and the eta engine has a idle control valve.. check it, clean her out, and presto idle hopefully is fixed.. otherwise you may have a vaccuum leak.
[snapback]343671[/snapback]​

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.