New guy - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-22-2003, 02:39 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
jstreet is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Hey people, I'm new to thi sboard and this is my first post. I just bought a 1989 325i and it's great working condition. The interior is also in great shape, that's why I bought this one. I bought it from an older gentleman so he took really good care of everthing except the paint. It honestly looks like somebody took a brillo pad to wax this thing. I figured that a good set of wax products would help it out, but I've tried a few different things on it to avail. If any of you guys are/were in the same boat as me, what did you use to resolve this problem. There is no clear coat what so ever left on this car. I don't know how you could let this happen to such a machine. It's so much fun to drive, but I'm imbarresed to when it's day time because of the paint. any help or insite would be awesome. I've only got a few weeks before it gets too cold to really sit outside and work on it for a couple hours. What do you think..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 09:40 AM
n00b

jstreet is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
n thanks for all the help people. come on, there's gotta be somebody out of you 20 that knows how to fix fix this unsightly prob
#3 (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 10:01 AM
n00b

hleitner is an unknown quantity at this point
There is not much you can do except get the thing painted. It would have been helpful to state what color the paint is, as white paint for instance is easier to restore than black.

A high speed polisher with compound may help, but the way you are describing the paint, its past that stage.

If you go the high speed polishing route, engage someone who has experience with a polisher.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)