BMW Werkz banner

New to BMW's and need advise

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  DIRTE30 
#1 ·
I just bought a 85 325e, its lowered 2" and has a 3" exhaust, i have a intake on the way, i was wondering wat other mods i can make to give it alittle more power. Thank you.

#4 ·
Thanks Rfitz!
I would certainly get the performance chip, that is by far the biggest bang for your buck, gives you a solid 20HP with the e's. I would go with a higher ratio differential also, that helps accelation tons. A cone air filter/heat box will give you a few HP and will make it sound alot sexier :)

#5 ·
3" exhaust? I'm not sure but what you might be losing a little in the low to mid range torque curve rather than gaining anything on the top end with that big of a pipe on an unmolested e motor. Contrary to popular belief, bigger is not always better from a Naturally Aspirated stand point! A little back pressure is not a bad thing for a highly tuned, small displacement, engine. Usually replacing the stock exhaust on these cars with an aftermarket sys. actually hurts performance unless you spend some major cheese on a really good one. Not to say you should get rid of the 3" but I'm not sure the 2.7L can really fill those shoes! Other than that I'm with JoeMadoo on the other mods. The cone filter is iffy but it does sound cool and look pretty good! Welcome to the Bimmer world!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.