I happened to come across a nice 86 325es on the ebay while looking for a cheap used car and ended up buying it. The body is straight, no rust and had a working odometer showing 108,000 mi with a clean carfax record.
I just picked it up today and was wondering if I could get referrels on trusted mechanics in the NW Chicago Suburbs.
I am a complete novice when it comes to cars (and this is my first BMW) and I'm hoping that as I go trial & error with this car, I will in one day be an E30 expert
There are few things I've noticed about the car from about 2hrs. of driving:
1. The engine has a smooth idle, no knocks, and has a good power. However, it is LOUD. It feels rather coarse... like the kind of feel you get when you are driving one of those UHAUL trucks.
2. The right signal blinks & clicks annoyingly fast.
3. The ABS seems to kick in at every complete stops
4. When brakes are applied at high speed, I feel a vibration from the bottom
5. When accelerated hard, the wiper flued check light comes up.
6. The coolant check light stays on although the fluid is full under the hood.
Any suggestions / advice would be greatly appreciated! And please don't forget to mention your trusted mechanics in the Chicago area. Thanks.