BMW Werkz banner

Need Help! Problem With Blower, Heater.

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  e30fanm3 
#1 ·
Problem with my 1991 325i bimmer's blower heater, works only on 4-th position on max. Anyone had this problem? As I was told, some fuses or something like that has smoked. Can anyone tell me where those fuses are? And how to change them? :wrench

#3 ·
Originally posted by DiRay@Feb 15 2005, 07:25 AM
Problem with my 1991 325i bimmer's blower heater, works only on 4-th position on max. Anyone had this problem? As I was told, some fuses or something like that has smoked. Can anyone tell me where those fuses are? And how to change them? :wrench
[snapback]292230[/snapback]​
Not a fuse problem, the contacts on the resistor are dirty. Pull the access panel off of the firewall-easy to see. The resistor is under the blowere motor cover-two straps hold it on. Pull the resistor up to unplug-clean all the contacts especially the pont set in the center. try it with the cover off as you'll probably have to do it 2-3 times. easy fix. also get some contact cleaner to spray on the plug-in sockets

#4 ·
Originally posted by DiRay@Feb 15 2005, 07:25 AM
[snapback]292230[/snapback]​
Not a fuse problem, the contacts on the resistor are dirty. Pull the access panel off of the firewall-easy to see. The resistor is under the blowere motor cover-two straps hold it on. Pull the resistor up to unplug-clean all the contacts especially the pont set in the center. try it with the cover off as you'll probably have to do it 2-3 times. easy fix. also get some contact cleaner to spray on the plug-in sockets

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.