BMW Werkz banner

need help, error code 50?

6K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  takaaco 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have recently purchased a 1990 325I and I have been having a few problems with getting it started and accelerating while the engine is cold. I have recently changed the gas pressure regulator pump and filter with no change in performance. I was suggested that maybe the engine was a little gumed up and I should run injector cleaner throught it. I also tested the error codes and I got 12 for oxygen sensor relay and 50 for engine drag torque control. What is That??? is it like a part of the car or something? Can that break down some how? Any ways... any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks,

Bryce.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
i tried the way they said on that site i it didnt work for me now i gotta go blow a bunch of money dammm,

i just spent all day replacing my intake manifold now my idles like crap , i think i might have crossed two injector wires when reconnecting.

Attachments

#5 ·
I had it scanned at a garage... I had an error code for the o2 sensor realy... witch I changed, and error 50 for engine drag torque control. I really can't figure out what the engine drag torque control is... Maybe my o2 sensor in shot. the car starts hard and idles iratically and accelerates badly when first started but it only last a few seconds...

Any suggestions? and I can't check the error codes that way, that was one of the first thing I tried...

thanks, Bryce.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.