| Originally posted by Numark318i@Dec 2 2004, 10:27 PM |
dude!!!! what kind of stuff do i use. I bought fuel injectior cleaner...is that what i need?
ahh i need to know cause i want to do it tomaorw.
does the vacuum hose run into the throttle body?
1 there is a post on this board about 1week ago with a total explanation
2 i will sum up w/out the great picslike this http://www.bmw-forums.com/forum/uploads/po...61196_thumb.jpg
SORRY THATS SOOOOO SMALL... ITS "orig."LOCATI0N IS AT THE BOTTOM
3. sum up begineing now
A. first get-
- a pair of surgical gloves
- a length of 2 feet of new vacuum hose (using original for procedure)
- a shop rag
- a 24oz. empty, clean,dry, clear bottle (plastic=ok)
- a bottle of 20 oz. "TECHRON concetrated "fuel system" cleaner ) (not-injector)
- eye protection (just for standing next to a revving eng.)
- pull off your old short hose (which is okay to use for this procedure except for me it was too small and i had difficulties keeping it at the bottom of the bottle)
[SIZE=1] and pour the "TECHRON" into the clear bottle.
1- after its normal operating temperature (maybe drive it a while ) put the V.hose in the "INTAKE MANIFOLD" (ABOVE THE VALVE COVER) and then:
1a- then while the car is still running stick the v.hose in the bottle of "Techron" and the Other person will---
2- (or yuo) control either the throttle (will want to die) OR
the bottle & hose. keep the vacuum line ( for me the 2 foot length
) at the corner bottom of the bottle ( or cut the hose at a deep angle so it doesnt stick to the bottom)
3- keep the engine revved up... (the eng, will want to sputter but rev it all the wayand itll suck it down fairly fast.20seconds.
) until you see about 10% left of Techron.
4- let off the throttle and allow your car to die, ( my suggestion would be to have a eng fuse ready to pull in case your car keeps running
, ) ( its imp. to let it die while sucking up the Techron)...
- thats it, clean off the hose and dump the 5% of Techron into the tank, I kept the vacuum hose off my car untill i finished the next step just incase any reversed into the "Fuel Regulator"
5- wait 1 hour ( i waited 1 hour, 1 minute just in case)
6- when you start your car do 2 things.
1. tell your neighbors to close their windows
2. find and play with a laser pointer
3- Start your car and give it some gas, it may take i while but mine started and :
smoked a bunch of white smoke, all over , looked like there was a city on fire...
played with my laser for a while and the cats in the hood went loopy...
then after the smoke died away drove around...
i made some mistakes when i did it...here they are below
i did this around 5 p.m. so when i was driving around at 6pm i was in heavy traffic
this was bad because of at least 3 things.
1. you may have to race a little bit.
2 other cars are going to want to pass you
3 poeple may not think much of bmw's after seeing the El-Nino that is emited
4 may get pulled over too.
5its just better to do it at night or before 4am
let us know how it went and if you need pictures look for the post below http://www.bmw-forums.com/forum/inde...howtopic=26356
at post # 19 is a great photo of the hose you need
also its always a good idea to have a #2 fire extiguiser because of fuel