Festivus yes, bagels no..
Join Date: Mar 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm a little bored so here goes on how to put the top down on a manual 89 vert:
1) roll down all the windows
2) flip both visors down. under (or above depending on how you look at it) each visor is a handle that will spin in towards the rear view mirror. both of these latches release the front of the top.
3) raise the front of the top (but don't try to lower the top all the way at this point)
4) pull the latch handle that is located on the drivers side wall in the back seat. It looks like a door handle. This will release the hatch that the top is stored in when put down.
5) grab the top at the base under the back window (on the outside of the car) and raise the back of the top (this can only be raised if the front of the top is also raised as per step #3)
6) while holding the back of the top up with the left hand, use the right hand to open the hatch to store the top in. There is another hidden lever that you need to press to fully release the hatch. This lever is located between the top of the back seat and the edge of the hatch on the drivers side. You have to slide your finger in, press the lever, and raise the hatch lid.
7) with the hatch lid raised (and being help up with your right hand), lower the back of the top (that you've been holding with your left hand) and once the back of the top is lowered grab the front of the top (near the windshield) and put the entire top down, letting (and making sure) that it folds nicely in the hatch.
8) once the top is nicely folded, set the hatch lid back down and press firmly on both front edges on each side until you hear it "click" into place.
and your done...putting the top up is the opposite of putting it down. Again, that's with a manual top...I don't know how to do those automatic ones.
it's sounds lengthy, but the whole process can be done in a matter of 45 seconds.