BMW Werkz banner

Mycustom 89 32i Conv.

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  dj moe 
#1 ·
hello yalll.

im showing you some pics of what can be done w/conv's windblast we get from high speeds on the freeway w/top down...

this all cost me about 8 dollars...yes eight bucks. thas 5 ueros, 9millions pecos, etc. :p

it is still in the delta stage.

and i lost my alpha -beta photo-stages...but can re-create easily

the omega will be all electric and a 2 button operation. w/fold down tweeters.

when the seat is down the glass fits perfectly in trunk (for now , soon behind seat), and has nothing showing the ability of raising/changing.
completely stealth.

this took a few months to draw up and itll be in my book but im also giving it away here. for those whove helped me , let me help keep your g/f's hair in place when the top is down...it works soo well and feels like the top is up (ever sit in a targa top, basically the same principle, wind flow over and away , not back at you)
plus its warmer in the winter w/top down. keeps heat inside cabin.

1. the sound system is designed around my blueprint and the sub-woofer (15"DVC) is tuned with the seats in the up position, but sounds great w/seats down and 2 girls in the back too...they get a vibration effect

2. the seats and glass can stay up w/top up or down... however the rear defroster will not work well w/seats up

3. you will need
-a. drill
-b. 2 hinges (barn gate type) ( thin 1.50 each)
-c. 2 gate slide type bolts + 2 "t-washers" for the bolts so they dont hurt the upholstery
-d. a few hours on a sunny day
-e the plexi-glass can be made of anything /wood/plastic/steel...

at first i thought i would be looking through the plexi, however it sits lower than the rear mirror's sight so any materieal is okay...

also i didnt hurt the structual architecture one bit. in fact its nice to know whats back there and if the rear defroster fails its a snap to fix/clean.

lemme know what yall think...or if i need better pictures

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
that looks pretty trick. does it attach to the bottom of the seat?

you should sandblast in a roundel....that would look awsome

#3 ·
thanks, it feels good to find results that look stock, and have purpose too.

the plexi actually harbors to the side panels, while the bottom of the plexi hosts a (soon to be 2) single gutter clamp = $2.49... :deal

so the seat or body panels dont change at all.
the bolts at the bottom of the back rest get removed and the j-hooks on top get the heave ho as well, only to be replaced by the barn hinges.

theres a certain way to place them so the seat will only open 90degrees and not be able to fly away (so to speak) or open completely. (sort of a paranioa measure in my first trials over 35mph)

where would a roundel go...?

i could laser etch a big logo, but do you think a giant rooster would be better :)

#4 ·
i think an etched roundel in the center of the plexi would look pretty sweet. it would give it more of a stock look IMO.

#5 ·
THINK WE SHOULD EXCHANGE EMAIL INFO SO WE HELP EACH OTHER OUT WITH OUR E30s CONVERTS. THERE IS NOTHIN LIKE THIS MACHINE. I DROVE IT A FEW WEEKS AGO AT 180 Kms PER HOUSE WITH THE TOP DOWN AND LUVEEEEEEEED IT! THIS IS A REAL SPORTS CAR

[attachmentid=17087]

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.