This might be a noob question. - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Do your windows go all the way down?
Yes, of course they do. 10 76.92%
No, I have a half inch window sticking out of my door. 3 23.08%
My window motor is broken, I have no idea. 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2006, 10:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Teh Peetsa Gai

Car: '86 325es, '87 535is
Photos:
ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute
This might be a noob question.

Ok, so I've had the "TURTL3" for about 2 years now, I feel pretty comfortable and knowledgeable about her, she's been pretty good to me, and I only have one question...
Do your windows go all the way down?

Mine go down until there's about a half inch sticking out of the door.
I know cabrio windows go all the way down, but I've never driven another E30 hardtop, and haven't had the forethought to look at another one yet.

P.S. I have an '86 325es.
'04 x3 3.0i: Wife's Bimmer (manual, woot!)
My BMW Blog
ldsbeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2006, 12:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
bucks is on a distinguished road
Yep mine go all the way down on both e30's.
Old 02-18-2006, 12:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car: Opening soon:
Photos:
Starmavin is a jewel in the roughStarmavin is a jewel in the roughStarmavin is a jewel in the roughStarmavin is a jewel in the rough
You have to pull your door panels and elongate your bolt tabs for the window studs. It's simple to do, the snake shape mechanism is ingenious, similar to the drive system in your sun roof. You also may notice that your windows will "clunk" down about 1/2 inch when putting them down, this is caused by the regulator's rubber coupler wearing out. It's sorta shaped like a radioactive symbol. I'm working on making a mold to build polyurethane replacements.

BTW, Keep an eye out, I have designed an insanely simple turbo manifold that I will sell for dirt cheap (patent pending too) How about a simple turbo kit for less than 2000?
I also came across a roll of carbon fiber that I'm working a deal out with to get that I will use in conjunction with an old dash to make a mold for the construction of carbon fiber dash parts, interior parts, center console, etc. Maybe even a whole dash. I think a pure carbon fiber dash with some leather pad inlays would look sick. Then again too much carbon fiber could look tacky, I guess I'll find out when I build the prototype. I'll keep posting as things progress.
Starmavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 04:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Teh Peetsa Gai

Car: '86 325es, '87 535is
Photos:
ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute
hmmm.. that sucks. Okay, I guess I'll have to dink around in there again. Lord knows it was a pain in the butt to replace that motor....
'04 x3 3.0i: Wife's Bimmer (manual, woot!)
My BMW Blog
ldsbeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 04:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
I am Teh Edumacator.

Car: 1999 Dinan 540i/6, 1995 Dinan 749
Photos:
Teh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
Starmavin, I would find that fascinating.
Teh Prof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 06:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car: Opening soon:
Photos:
Starmavin is a jewel in the roughStarmavin is a jewel in the roughStarmavin is a jewel in the roughStarmavin is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3UOND
Starmavin, I would find that fascinating.
What would?
Starmavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 11:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
I am Teh Edumacator.

Car: 1999 Dinan 540i/6, 1995 Dinan 749
Photos:
Teh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
The turbo kit.
Teh Prof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 12:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
bob318 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to bob318
My god damn window goes down about a half an inch and then the rubber seal gets sucked behind it and it makes an exploding noise and wont move. Ive had it fixed once already and its right back at it. Its a touchy subject with me.
bob318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)