BMW Werkz banner

Looking at a 1984 318i, need some info.

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  '88 325 
#1 ·
Hello, I am new to the BMW world. My dad has had a few, but he is no longer living with me, so I turn to the trusty intraweb.

It is a 1984 318i, 218k miles, tranny/clutch was replaced 2 years ago. Needs a a/c compressor and a passengerside window motor. Has a dent in the rear quarter panel. Has all power, 5spd, and a pwr sunroof.

He wants $1,300 for it.

I am thinking that is a little much. I am wandering what I should look to pay for it, and what it will cost me for a window motor, and a a/c compressor. It will be done by me so I just need a general price range for the part.

I would like to thank you for all answers in advance.

#2 ·
hey mine is an 84 318 and at that price it is a near steal as long as the rest of the car is in good cond.........i work at a car dealership and out of curiosity i looked up the price of mine and it didn't matter what the miles were but the average retail was like 3500 so if i were you i would get it ..........power window motors are like 100 bucks from advance if you can't find a place to rebuild them......hope this helps you cause i need it for mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.