BMW Werkz banner

Limited Slip Differential

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  e36_m3_Turbo 
#1 ·
I need help locating a rear differential for my 1990 325i-Anyone have any good sources. I am not in the need of any high performance just OEM if possible.

Thank you!

#5 ·
Originally posted by Bmw1990@Jan 3 2004, 12:06 PM
its an auto
are you positive your car doesnt already have it? i think it couldve been option on your car. but if not, i think the only oem diff that would work, with the same ratio, is from the M3. Your stock ratio is 4.10:1 and the iX is out due to the AWD and viscous coupling, and the M42 318 is out because it uses a smaller case

#7 ·
My car has it, but there is an problem with the oringinal one. It already has a limited slip diff., the only reason I asked for one, is because i was wondering if anybody knew where I could buy one. I have been looking all over the internet, all i have been finding are high performance diifs. that are in the thousands of dollars. So if anybody knows where i could get one let me know. thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.