Just Got My Subaru Sti - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E21, E30) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1975-1983 and 1984-1991 line. Specific models: BMW 315, BMW 316, BMW 318, BMW 318i, BMW 320/4, BMW 320i, BMW 320/6, BMW 323i, BMW 320i. E30 Family models include: BMW 325e, BMW 325i, BMW 325is, BMW 325ix.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2005, 09:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
XtremeDream is an unknown quantity at this point
I just bought a 2005 subaru sti black with gold rims 4 days ago and last night I put the magic 1000 break in miles on it. Soon after I was high on adrenaline like never before in my life going from highway speeds up to 140mph in eye blinks. This car is sick and honestly after driving a lot of cars I can tell you guys that for the money it is it is the best deal out there. Yeah yeah..... I know the E46 M3 is better but I would never spend 55k on a stock car and after racing my buddy last night in his M3 and smoking him I felt a bit better about my choice.

Anyhow, I can't wait till winter comes and I finally get to strip my entire 325is and turn it into my dream bimmer. Until then, watch out for a black sti chasin' down bimmers!
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2005, 10:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car:
Photos:
german-speed-demon has a brilliant futuregerman-speed-demon has a brilliant futuregerman-speed-demon has a brilliant futuregerman-speed-demon has a brilliant futuregerman-speed-demon has a brilliant futuregerman-speed-demon has a brilliant futuregerman-speed-demon has a brilliant futuregerman-speed-demon has a brilliant futuregerman-speed-demon has a brilliant futuregerman-speed-demon has a brilliant futuregerman-speed-demon has a brilliant future
Yup...them cars is FAst. anyway, 1000 miles in 4 days? What did you do, live in it? So, what type of things you gonna do to the 325?

Two wheels or Four, I'm happy as long as the throttle is pinned.
german-speed-demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
XtremeDream is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, people have done the magic 1000 in two days but it took me a bit more with work and stuff. I mostly drove on highways and one day I spent about 8 hours of driving, visiting friends in close by cities and stuff.

I drove my 325is (bouth it for 2000 bucks) until it pretty much crapped out so that I could save for a alternate vehicle while I am working on my bimmer. Fortunately that alternative vehicle proved to be bad azz. My 325 is leaking oil from everywhere, including spark plug bores. Now that is ok since I wanted to put a stroker kit in it anyways hence a complete rebuild will happen. My tranny and diff are pretty much done too, make noises all the time, but I planned on getting a diff from Korban or Turnermotorsports once I save up some serious dough, as well as a transmission. My dampers (shocks) are dead, so I am going with some bilsteins and some 16-15 inch wheels. My interior seats look brand new but the linkage is all messed up on both seats so I will be getting some bucket seats from Bride or Corboue (how ever you spell it) as well as getting rid of the rear seats. I am also removing all carpeting and isolation as well as cutting down on wires and accesories. Once I figure out what classes will be available in the future (SCCA etc.) about the time I fix it up I will try and install the correct roll cage or so. Now my timeline is going to be long, very long, about a year and a half to two years until I get this car rolling hopefully hence the reason for the STi so that I can still go to track days and get plenty of driving training.

I picked up the car in the shop last week looking for rust or chassis damage, as well as for crash clues and did not find anything too concerning hence it is a good start. The carfax was all clean on it but I did not trust the report becuase it is very easy to get stuff fixed now a days without reporting anything.

I put over 40k on this bimmer with only a fuel pump replacement and I did not put any additional money into components because I knew I am changing almost everything and that the car will probably not be street legal. So I got my use out of it and had the most fun ever, now I just can not wait to wake her back up, on steroids.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
jk988 is an unknown quantity at this point
<-- Welcome to the club. If you didn't know of them already, nasioc.com and scoobymods.com are fantastic resources. Just remember to search first.
jk988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E21, E30)